• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my words are unerring tools of destruction; [Femur/Longclaw/Valensia/Any]
    my words are unerring tools of destruction
    He is so focused on climbing and thinking about flying that he doesn’t notice Valensia following him at a distance. He does catch a glimpse of her frightened face as he tumbles down, but doesn’t have the breath to call out to her. The boy has more time to look down at her as he is gliding over her galloping form, grinning as she returns his excited call, but the wind takes him a different direction and leaves her to follow after as he navigates the falling portion of today’s adventure.

Valensia reaches him first, since she was already galloping behind him, but Longclaw is not far behind; the longer legs giving him the advantage over his sister. He isn’t sure what to expect; a scolding maybe (he did just basically fall out of the sky) but when he rights himself and looks up into the blue face, there is excitement and pride there. Pride. Gansey scrambles back to his feet as Longclaw inspects him briefly for injury, a grin starting to form on his little face in response to his family’s enthusiasm.

They have both stepped away to give him some space, but he reaches out to exchange quick touches with each of them – quick, familiar, affectionate family touches. Longclaw is all of his shining blue magnificence and muscle, the boy’s role model in addition to his adoptive father. Valensia is dark, darker even than Gansey but beautiful and always well-groomed (Gansey has a hand in that, and he takes pride in it. Vanity might be a sin but he can’t help himself). She smells of the sweet grass that grows profusely in their home, and only very faintly of the sulfuric volcano.

“I’m okay,” he says as he bumps his nose against Val’s shoulder, and then spreads his wings, refusing to wince as they twinge their objection to rolling head-over-heels. “Just some bumps and bruises,” He eyes the dirt and grass such in them with distaste but he will have to preen them later. “Maybe we should work on landing,” he suggests to his sister in a somewhat sheepish voice, modest towards his own failings, but his smile is blindingly happy.

They’re right – it might have been brief but he DID fly. He did!
    gansey
    and I've become unequipped with the ability to disarm them

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my words are unerring tools of destruction; [Femur/Longclaw/Valensia/Any] - by Gansey - 01-29-2018, 09:04 AM