• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello to high and dry - Arthas
    Despite my seclusion in the hills, I've still managed to find ways to pass the time. With Momma gone, my adventures have grown longer, and at times I have even considered leaving the kingdom by myself. Of course, my courage always fails me at the last moment, leaving me to stand at the border of the kingdom with my heart beating rapidly in my chest.

I had met my stranger on such a venture.

Standing there below the fiery canopy, he had seemed like something out of a dream. Tall, dark, and handsome; the very type of stranger that Momma had told me to avoid at all costs. I hadn't done so, of course, because Momma has left me and I am a Queen. I can do whatever I wanted. (As long as I make sure to not check with Uncle Castile before doing it).

And so I had invited my stranger into Loess, where I felt safe and emboldened by our location. This was my kingdom, I'd told him, and I am very sure that the surprise in his eyes had been genuine. I showed him my favorite spring, took him to the tall red cliff, and told him all about my silent land. I like the quiet, having known nothing else, and when I bid him farewell at the edge of the fire-forest it was with the promise that I would meet him there again.

And I had, twice more, showing him the caves, the bluffs where the handful of other residents spent their time, and the patrol that Uncle Castile flew or walked routinely. Each time before we met I would make sure that the navy waves of my mane were neat and shining from the springs, and that the summer dust was rinsed from my golden hide. I hope that it will impress him, that he will see me as more than just a queen, but I've not yet caught his eye that I've been able to notice.

Still, perhaps today is the day that it all will change.

I'd promised my stranger (though he is no stranger anymore, I know he is @[Arthas] ) that I had a surprise for him. It's going to be a good one, one that he'll remember forever. Quite possibly the very best surprise ever.

"This way!" I call over my shoulder, beckoning with my blue muzzle to the distant hill. It's the hill where Momma had taken me when she announced that my father had left, and it's where we're headed now. "Hurry up!"

We climb up the hill, and below us spreads the wide expanse of Loess, lit up by early morning sunlight.

"Here it is!" I tell him, looking up to watch his expression. "It's Loess. Your surprise, I mean. It's Loess. I want to give you Loess. It's mine, so I can give it to who I want and I want to give it to you. You seem like you would make a good King."

Messages In This Thread
    hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Lepis - 04-14-2018, 10:17 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Arthas - 04-14-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Lepis - 04-15-2018, 08:31 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Arthas - 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Lepis - 04-16-2018, 03:47 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Arthas - 04-16-2018, 07:37 PM