• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello to high and dry - Arthas
    I have heard it mentioned that I am sheltered, naive, innocent. None of those words sound especially exhilarating, but I've come to accept that they are true. The acceptance was grating, of course, and I have been determined to change it. Doing such a thing is difficult, of course, when my naivity and fear of the unknown are physically limiting, but since my first meeting with Arthas I have become far more emboldened.

Giving away a kingdom is not a small thing, and I feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest as I wait for him to respond. He seems surprised at first (but, like, a good surprise and not a bad one like an unexpected wasp nest or a snake in the water), but what he has to say afterward assures her that she has made the right choice.

It will all be for me?! He'd said that, I know he had, and a thrill races through me. He calls me his Lepis (well, his loyal Lepis, but that in between is not so important!), and I hold quite still as he reaches over. He touched me! He did! He likes me!

He tells me he has a task, and even if it is throwing myself off the bluff, I imagine that I could do it without hesitation. Anything for him, anything to show him that yes, yes I am his. Anything for him to see me, to prove to him that I am worth his trust.

But...leave the kingdom?

Leave Loess and go somewhere else?

I feel a familiar pressure in my chest, that blockade of uncertainty that has always stopped me in the past. I might have said something, might have tried to protest, but then he leans forward, and his whisper warms my cheek and gives my legs an odd sensation, as though they are melting.

"Anything," I reply softly, my own words made a little breathless by the surge of teenage hormones, "I'll do anything you ask." I'll do it perfectly, too, so perfectly that when I succeed Arthas will be sure of my value. He'll appreciate me, want me, need me.

"Where will I go?" I'm careful not to move away, and I casually resettle my weight so my yellow shoulder leans against his dappled one. Can he feel it too, my heartbeat? Can he tell?

Messages In This Thread
    hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Lepis - 04-14-2018, 10:17 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Arthas - 04-14-2018, 10:35 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Lepis - 04-15-2018, 08:31 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Arthas - 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Lepis - 04-16-2018, 03:47 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Arthas - by Arthas - 04-16-2018, 07:37 PM