• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kylin + kyveli

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    He is just starting to close his teeth round the delightfully quick beat of Kylin's startled pulse when he spots the filly. Ivar withdraws slowly, every inch a predator who has been spotted by what should have been unwitting prey. He is ever so grateful for the solid barrier that is Kylin’s body when the filly trots up to them, and Ivar’s dark eyes take in the small creature.

She is a shade of darker purple than Kylin, he sees. The incestuous nature of the Covelings is common knowledge, though Ivar cannot help but be curious with amethyst relative Kylin might have couple with to produce such a boldly purple filly. It doesn’t matter, he hear her voice reminding him. He is gone now.

It would be best for this foal to be gone as well, Ivar knows. He could give Kylin another foal - a better foal - and she need not waste time with this subpar offspring. Beside him, the lavender mare’s voice is soft, and he glances at her from the corner of his eye. Kylin seems rather attached to it, if the adoration in her voice is indication. Exactly how upset would she be if Ivar got rid of it? If he hadn’t promised, it wouldn’t matter. If hadn’t promised on a turtle-covered beach all those years ago, he could make her forget this scrawny little creature entirely.

‘Father?’ the little thing asks, and Ivar looks down from over Kylin’s shoulder.

The kelpie sees the value in sparing a young female. Had Kylin borne a colt it might not have been as easy to reconcile his decision with instinct. As it is, the rage keeps quiet in his chest, satiated by the choice and satisfied with the reasoning behind it.

“No.” He replies flatly, his tone as humorless as his expression.

”Better.” Curling beneath Kylin’s belly, Ivar’s finned tail flicks Kyveli’s chin up playfully as his solemn face permits a smile. Kylin fits against him comfortably, and she has leaned against him to grant him better access. His interest in the filly wanes as his attempt to straighten Kylin’s mane turns into pressing a kiss to her neck, and then another, because she is soft and smooth and tastes of the sea.

It’s only as a particularly loud wave crashes that he remembers the child. Without turning his head to answer the question himself (it would shatter the illusion of privacy), he instead breathes a quiet question into Kylin’s tulip ear, softly enough that only she will hear.

“Did she go away yet?”

making those promises that i could not keep
    in my dark times, baby this is all i could be

okay so success in that he did NOT kill kyvi, but he is also not sure what to do with her obviously
    @[Kylin] @[Kyveli]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kylin + kyveli - by Ivar - 05-30-2018, 05:16 PM