• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh How I Wonder; Any

Solace

. . .

Months slipped by as Solace savored the beauty and innocence of her darling children. She had taken a step back, taking on new responsibilities as a mother, and left the ruling in the capable hands of Kagerus. But as her children grew, becoming more capable and independent each day, she itched to return to her former life. Summer was in her prime, maybe a little beyond, and it was time for the pale queen to return to her duties.  

With wings unfurling into the morning, she flies towards the pinks and golds of the eastern horizon. The pegasus sails high, and miles of land stretches out before her. From this place, Solace watches as the residents of Beqanna stir and awaken, and other she sees wearily traveling, bedding down after a long night of mischief. 

Its funny, she thinks, how rarely they bother to glance up.

But soon dawn is past and as the sun creeps towards its zenith she finds herself above The Field. A solitary mare catches her floating gaze. Tilting her weight forward, Solace begins to glide to the earth, bringing with her the untouched, fresh air of the sky.  The scents of summer, ripe eath and hot bodies, hit her in full force and she delicately lands a few paces away from the amethyst girl, but it would be hard to tell she noticed. 

"Goodmorning," she calls by way of greeting as she folds her vast wings over her golden topline. "It's going to be a hot one," she laughs as she steps forward once her cerulean appendages are neatly tucked away.

"You get spoiled in Hyaline, you forget the rest of the world feels like this." She shakes her tri-colored mane before it has a chance to stick to her neck, where already she can tell sweat will be soaking through her coat in not too long. He smiling, blue gaze finds that of the girls. "I'm Solace, the caretaker of Hyaline, so I may be a little biased."

Messages In This Thread
    Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Lullaby - 06-10-2018, 10:32 PM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Solace - 06-11-2018, 07:46 AM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Lullaby - 06-18-2018, 10:37 PM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Solace - 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Lullaby - 06-26-2018, 09:47 PM