• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

That I may hail thee queen of birds - Roseen, any
    I want to swim away but don't know how
    Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
    A volcano was far from what she had expected from Tephra. It was hard to breath with all the ash, and the heat hurt her throat, as well as her skin. Though she had experienced severe heat before on earlier journeys, none of them held a candle to this place. Or, perhaps she was just wimpy and thought it was hotter than it actually was. That would come as no surprise to her. She was weak with everything else after all. And, the idea of a volcano nearby could certainly be messing with her mind.

With a quick gander Roseen took notice of the lack of green. There didn’t seem to be much food to go around, which was certainly something that caused a lack of interest. A nearby volcano that could possibly erupt, the ridiculous heat, and the lack of food all made Roseen want to turn around to look elsewhere for a place to live. So far there was nothing about this place that was worth calling it home. But she would continue onward to see if there was anything she missed; she would give it a chance at least. Who knows, the horses there might be welcoming and kind. “Such an interesting place,” she muttered beneath her breath, eyes wandering over her surroundings. 

She of course took notice of Leilan as well. He too seemed to be having trouble breathing with all the ash, and his following words made her realize that he probably hasn’t been to Tephra before. Blinking slowly, she put her thoughts into words, “Have you not been here before?” She didn’t mind of course, as long as they didn’t get lost.
    ROSEEN
    a nomad

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: That I may hail thee queen of birds - Roseen, any - by Roseen - 08-10-2018, 08:19 AM