• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear the words when they’re singing; rhaegor

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

When it comes to night, it is Mother and sister who rule the world.

Sometimes, he is allowed to join them on their journeys - to places of his wildest imagination with Mother, and to real life places with his sister. Mother makes sure to always teach her children something when she welcomed them into the dreamscape with her, but the dreams are always warm and never dark - a fact that he might later resent her for, or perhaps he would be grateful for having a childhood full of flowers and romance and gentility.

But with his sister - Warlight, a girl with a gale for a soul and the body with which to exert its powers - their midnight adventures were always thrilling, a real-time threat against their youthful bodies as they tried to find their way back to Hyaline from wherever she dreamt them, sometimes as far away as the beach.

Tonight, however, the golden prince strikes out on his own, leaving Mothers and siblings behind to see what he will.

In the silvered moonlight, the leopard print markings adorning his haunches turn a bright blue, morphing from a tribute to his leopard mother to his blue mother. They flash subtly with each step he takes, though he doesn't see this: what he sees, in the depths of his cool brown eyes is the inky transformation of the landscape from scraggly to lush, the spring run off from the mountains turning to long grasses and copses of trees not native to Hyaline. The scents of kingdoms he knows he knows but doesn't care to remember pass him by, and as the moon creeps higher above, he slips into the outskirts of the meadow.

He's expected to be the only one here at this hour, but fate has intervened - not that he minds. Given his speechlessness, he's been forced to grow into quite an avid observer; and observe he does, in a silent reverence of the girl's beautiful dance. The gangling colt - a teenager now, though only freshly - perks his ears to catch the gentle sound of her hoof-fall, counting her dancing steps as if to a music neither of them could hear. It doesn't occur to him to join her or to even alert her of his presence; as she rises onto her hind like like something out of one of his mother's dreams, he offers but a little smile, dazed by what he witnesses at this, mid night.

Rhaegor

@[ivy] Rhae is stupidly in love with the idea of adding nothing to threads besides his silent admiration so here enjoy
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i hear the words when they’re singing; rhaegor - by Rhaegor - 09-24-2018, 10:41 PM