• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear the words when they’re singing; rhaegor

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

There is something memorizing in a young girl's dance, swathe in moonlight and beheld by the stars themselves; Rhae feels a lot like one of those stars as the bay filly seems to float above the tall meadow grasses. Tiny beams of light shoot briefly and at intervals, creating the illusion of a star's halo as he watches; but the unconscious show of magical appreciation stops when he realizes that she's looking at him, noticing him, approaching the star on the wall.

Hello, she says from a world away, the air running its fingers through the grass between them as if to emphasize the distance that the dancer has left between them. Just as her lithe form steps forward, so does his, both coltish and inelegant in their youth, but breathtaking at the same time; a testament to the novelty of youth, the crispness of their sparkling eyes an oath to the stars.

She asks if he likes secrets, and he finds that he'd never before considered; but it takes no longer than a moment for him to decide that yes, he does like secrets. A gentle wave of light bursts from his chest, slowly winding its way in the wind towards hers; though he cannot manipulate the light particles, he does his best to aim them in such a way that they showcase the beauty of the dancer. Swathe in moonlight; swathe in starlight.

Yes, he nods, eyes twinkling and ears perking in eager anticipation for what she might tell him. There's no one else around, and yet he takes a step closer; drawn in by her promise of mystery, but the way her forelock flits across the width of her eyes, obscuring her as roses obscure thorns; but he steps closer again, reaching to take her as if by the stem, not knowing what could possibly await his trusting hands.

Rhaegor

@[ivy]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i hear the words when they’re singing; rhaegor - by Rhaegor - 09-30-2018, 03:43 PM