• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Kali;
    Anything for you.

Kali was so, so tired of the hollow, numb feeling that had settled so deep into her skin, made everything feel far-away and unimportant. She was sick to death of their dull eyes and quiet, aching sadness, of being scared all the time and feeling like nothing mattered. Because know what? They mattered. She did, and so did he, and she was done. She huffed out an impatient breath, and--huh? Oh. Kids? Like Tyr, or Kylie’s, or the other kids running around on the island? She shrugged. I dunno, not really. I guess I probably should. I used to wanna know everybody, but it’s felt so pointless lately. So...fleeting.

Maybe that was part of the problem. Everything felt futile, like any effort she put in could be erased in a heartbeat, any progress she made destroyed in the blink of an eye by the whims of gods or fairies or fate. Friends could get ripped away at any moment, so why bother making them? But she was so damn tired of that feeling, of that...powerlessness. She wanted to feel alive again. Needed it somewhere deep in her bones. And if she tried hard enough, she could almost feel the way he’d made her skin come alive with his touch, made her ache and shiver and gasp, made electricity course through her veins.

So she looked up at her Khari, reaching past memories of Taiga and destruction, past her pain and her fear and the all-consuming numbness that had swallowed her down so far. Khari? she asked, and suddenly it was a little hard to breathe, her heart skipping a beat of its steady rhythm, and then kicking up to a faster pace. You said...you said if I ever wanted… Her face flushed and she reached out to bump the top of her nose against his chin the way she used to, then turned the familiar motion into a shy little caress.

It felt so good when you touched me. I want to feel good again. Maybe we could…? She didn’t really know what, exactly, but he’d promised he could do more. If she ever wanted. If you want to, I mean. ‘cause maybe he didn’t, now that she was...so quiet and heavy and sad and she had that ugly seared spot that was still healing and naked and maybe he wouldn’t want to kiss her more. Which...would be okay too. She looked away, worrying at her lower lip, all that determination melting away. He’d wanted to kiss her before, wanted to touch her and show her things, wanted her.

What if he didn’t want her anymore, though?

I just don’t want to feel like this anymore, Khari. I miss us. Maybe we could try to make each other feel better? she asked, and pressed a soft, shy little kiss to the corner of his mouth. The fluttering in her belly was more nervous than excited, not knowing if he’d want to, or if he’d pull back and get quiet and not want--ugh she pulled back a little herself to look up at him, eyes wide and full of fragility they hadn’t held the last time he’d kissed her. Or...I mean...it’s okay if you don’t wanna.

Messages In This Thread
    Kali; - by Kharon - 11-25-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: Kali; - by Kali - 11-29-2018, 12:54 PM
    RE: Kali; - by Kharon - 12-02-2018, 01:48 PM
    RE: Kali; - by Kali - 12-05-2018, 04:20 AM
    RE: Kali; - by Kharon - 12-09-2018, 02:40 PM
    RE: Kali; - by Kali - 12-11-2018, 02:09 AM
    RE: Kali; - by Kharon - 12-16-2018, 12:34 AM
    RE: Kali; - by Kali - 12-19-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: Kali; - by Kharon - 12-23-2018, 01:37 AM
    RE: Kali; - by Kali - 12-23-2018, 02:29 AM
    RE: Kali; - by Kharon - 12-24-2018, 12:03 AM