• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Hate That I Love You |Warlight|
    Warlight

Clay may have been talking to many others, but Will had talked to hardly anyone. In the days after their tense diplomatic trip to the autumn forest, the once boisterous girl had spent more and more time alone. 

Raul's healings kept her going- they were bright moments in her miserable existence - but they did little to improve her overall condition. After her time he offered her relief, she always came crashing back down form the high of feeling fine again. And those next mornings were always the worst- after she has been freed of her disease for a few beautiful hours only to wake up sick, balding, and coughing blood. She didn't feel like a warrior princess anymore; she barely felt alive.

But tonight is a relatively good night and the antlered mare finds herself alert and standing beside the peaceful cove, her gaze idly wandering across Hyaline's distant mountains. 

Clayton's call startles her momentarily, something which would have been uncharacteristic of Yearling-Will. For the first time in her life, she feels embarrassed to be seen by her childhood friend, and she is glad for the meager privacy the moonless night provides her. 

"Clay!" she calls in the direction of his voice, regardless of her first wash of hesitation, "I'm over here."

Silver light reflects off the coves waters -despite the lack of moonlight: a puzzle Will had yet to solve -  illuminating her body with pale waves of delicate light. She waits, her expression curious and warm, knowing it will be easier for the young stallion to find her along the shore than it would be for her to snuff him out in the dark of the lightly wooded uplands. 

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

I know I really, really should reply to the other thread first but this came so easily and I was tired after writing a Solace mega-diplomacy post XD
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I Hate That I Love You |Warlight| - by Clayton - 01-01-2019, 08:42 PM
    RE: I Hate That I Love You |Warlight| - by Warlight - 01-01-2019, 11:46 PM