• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Hate That I Love You |Warlight|
    Warlight

His concern is evident as he presses his muzzle to her cheek. She looks away, ashamed that the sickness had affected her so strongly when it did little to some others. Maybe if she had of been stronger she could have fought it better, hidden her symptoms from everyone...

Maybe if she hadn't of jumped into the thick of it, painting the blood of the broken seal across her brow like a reckless child.

"Kota healed me," the antlered girl states with a shrug, content to be distracted from her thoughts "but the healing never lasts long enough." She doesn't mention that Kota had healed her only once, and all the others were from another source.  Each time she felt the touch of healing magic on her skin her body ached for more by the end of the day. 

A breeze brows across them briefly intertwining the ebony and emerald of their forelocks, and she steps back, returning her midnight eyes to his. The silver light washes over the young stag, painting him monochromatic and metallic. Her interest peaks as his expression shifts ever so slightly at the mention of Kensa and she almost pushes it further. A teasing grin beginning to widen her dry lips, but he eagerly surges ahead in the conversation and she lets it drop. As he talks about diplomacy she thinks it is probably better for the sake of their fragile peace to avoid romance altogether. 

But Clayton had not come to this same conclusion, she finds out. His once-handsome face contorts with disgust and she can already guess what he is about to say.  

"I don't know why you hate him so much," she replies, her own features frosting over. She had hoped that this was behind them but if it couldn't be avoided then she would face it head on. "And I'm tired of those looks, so if you want to say something about him you better just say it." Once the words have left her she feels a sense of relief. Attacking the problem head on was far more fulfilling than reading the message behind forlorn glances and dancing around bruised egos. 

"But he left," she states in response to his original question, "he needed to go find his family, but he'll be back."

He said he would be back. 

"Not that you care."

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

@[Clayton] oh kids these days XD
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I Hate That I Love You |Warlight| - by Clayton - 01-01-2019, 08:42 PM
    RE: I Hate That I Love You |Warlight| - by Warlight - 01-15-2019, 05:28 PM