• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa}

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Kensa can't decide whether to demure or tease Clayton as he whispers against her mouth. Instead she runs her lips along the sensitive planes of his face, tracing the side of his muzzle. "I didn't know what I was missing." And she hadn't, the times they have met before were never like this. This Clayton is pulling her in like tide to the shore. Their jagged edges finally matching up.

He draws away and she searches his face as he says he thinks he has found a reason to stay. Kensa draws a deep breath, looks past him toward the Capital she so resents in her dark hours. She still serves their queens, as does he, but he can do that from within these borders. "You don't have to live in the Cove, we are still members of The Sanctuary out here." She cajoles even though it gives her away. Her teasing falling back into more seriousness.

Maybe she should be anxious about that, Litotes will be returned to her at the end of his sentence...but that is not her way. Of course they could both be here, why would it matter?

But she still hasn't said what she really means to, and she's watching him intently when she whispers, "Stay here..." She removes the cold distance and brings herself chest to chest with him, running her lips along the solid line of his angular shoulder "I want you. Its not what he was waiting for her to say, but it means the same thing. Kensa always throws herself recklessly into romance, the thrill of the headlong fall a drug that she cannot resist.  

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Clayton]

Messages In This Thread
    A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 06:11 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-09-2019, 09:01 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 09:13 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-09-2019, 10:08 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 10:21 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-09-2019, 11:03 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-09-2019, 11:18 PM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-10-2019, 12:08 AM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Clayton - 02-10-2019, 01:27 AM
    RE: A Promise I'll Keep {Kensa} - by Kensa - 02-15-2019, 10:30 PM