• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Any)

I have three eyes

Hardly daring to peek out between the white spaces in between her feathers, Eyas softens her breathing so that she can listen. For a moment there’s only silence, the comfort of shadows around her face and the warmth of her body curled into itself, and then another twig snaps. She shrinks further into herself, blaming Tiercel for her eventual death because she’s sure that it must be a wolf or a bear, maybe even something worse. Her fears are magnified by not-knowing, changing their shape and sinister intent with every trippy breath in her lungs.

The crackle of dry leaves fades when a scent washes over her, surprisingly pleasant and earthy. So afraid of who or what it might be, Eyas begins to cry softly: little whimpers she attempts to stifle in the crook of her wing. Without purpose her magic reacts, driven to the surface by need and not desire, turning the tangible girl invisible slowly like ink fading into water.

A gust of hot air - certainly the whuff of a killer before devouring its prey - blasts over her stiff, upright mane, sending a small waveshock through the onyx bristles, and then the sound of her tormentor chirps aloud.

Like a flash Eyas dispels her cloak of secrecy, popping her head out and up from the cover of darkness to stare with still-wet eyes at the young unicorn girl. Her gaze is intense and fiery, though dark. Depthless and full of questions, taking in the sight of the other filly and her wild state. In a burst of motion her immature wings spread aside, giving room for the leggy filly to scramble to her feet before she stumbles forward to embrace the other horse. “Oh!” Eyas sighs, “I was so afraid, I thought… ”

She stops, pulls back. Laughs while blinking through her teary eyes.

“I got lost.” She explains, ears held forward. The young daughter of Loess eases back and rolls both wings to her deep, golden sides. “But I’m so glad you’re you, and not some bear or something.”

The soft curve of her neck twists, her wide eyes taking on that curious tilt again. “I’m Eyas. What’re you called?”

two to look and one to see

Eyas

@[Catcher]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Any) - by Eyas - 05-15-2019, 04:03 PM