• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M]
    Kali. She smiled as he settled in against her, his presence wrapping around her just like his wings did when he was there with her physically. Just like that, the world felt a little brighter. She felt a little warmer, a little happier, a little more at peace. Wherever you want. I’ll take you anywhere. She walked on, unconcerned that the river was more off to the right. What need did they have for the most direct path, when they could take the most beautiful one and spend the extra distance in each other’s company?

It took a couple of minutes, but she never minded the wait. Not when he was nestled against her already, home in the touch of his mind on hers. And when his wing draped over her and he tucked her up against his side, when the velvet soft of his nose brushed the edge of her jaw, it got even better. Her skin tingled with awareness, the brush of his body against hers so different than the feel of his mind, so much more tangible, so much more solid.

He nipped her just a little, just enough to get her attention, and pulled back to look down at her with merry grey eyes. What would you like to do when we get there? he asked, smiling, looking almost as relaxed as she felt. She huffed out a silent laugh and bumped her shoulder against his, getting distracted for a long moment by the feel of his warm skin against hers, rubbing her face against the strong plane of his neck the way she’d done ever since she was small. Ever since she could remember, at least the memories of her body. She still had a few impressions from before, but mostly they were gone now, almost all but Khari cuddling her close, teaching her what colors looked like, showing her the faces of the people who already loved her and were just waiting for her to come out and meet them.

I want to see, of course. The leaves have turned such bright, beautiful colors, all dressed up in their autumn finery. She cast a sly glance up at him and lipped at his medallion, iron wrought by their father’s talented hand. You’d fit right in, brother-mine, wouldn’t you? But then, Khari was always resplendent, just like their father. Perhaps it was the trees that would fit in with him.

We could just walk, like this, and see how the world’s changed since the last time we looked. And then we could find a cozy spot to settle in and just be. Breathe in the crisp fall air. Sit and dream. Or… She grinned and nipped him playfully, lashing her tail a bit and nudging him with her shoulder. We could race across the river and through the woods ‘til our hearts are racing and our legs are quaking and neither of us can catch our breath. I bet I’d win, though. He had a bit of an advantage with those long, elegant legs of his, but she was lighter and just a bit more agile, after all. Plus, the river was her favorite place to explore. She knew it and the land around it well, and wasn’t afraid to play a little dirty.

What do you think? She sighed and relaxed against him, revelling in the rolling of the waves, the flow of the water around them, the way it held them up and cradled them. Its beloved, weren’t they? Who else did it buoy, forming a pathway for their feet where others sank into its depths? As they walked across the stretch of sea that held their island paradise apart from the rest of the world, she thought of how fortunate she was, how lucky. Hey, Khari? she asked, lifting her head to look up at him. This is lovely already. Thank you for coming with me.
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

Messages In This Thread
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kali - 06-25-2017, 09:59 AM