• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M]
    let my eyes be the rhythm, let my mind be your freedom

He loved the way she rubbed against him, her face to his neck, her side to his. They were such an affectionate family. He couldn't imagine it being any different, couldn't imagine being without the warm contact and soft smiles. He should make sure not to mess up, so he can always have it this way.

Even if he wanted so much more.

I want to see, of course, she told him silently. She looked up at him and lipped pointedly at the iron around his neck. He definitely liked when her eyes met his. Somehow she made Mother's eyes look completely different, so warm with a secret behind them. Not cold and dull, indifferent. He leaned in and lightly kissed her forehead, his body feeling all warm and liquid inside. Resplendent, she thought him. You'd fit right in, brother-mine, wouldn't you? Brother. He didn't answer.

They could just walk, she suggested, could just see how the world's changed with the passing of seasons. Changes that they didn't really see on their island paradise. They could find a cozy spot to settle in and just be. Or... She grinned at him then, stinging his skin with a playful nip and bumping her smaller shoulder to his. We could race across the river and through the woods 'til our hearts are racing and our legs are quaking and neither of us can catch our breath.

And all of that definitely sounded fantastic, even if he did have to remind himself that she meant from racing with each other.

What do you think, she sighed, relaxing into him again. He played at her hair some more, hardly even noticing the sea opening around them and the island falling behind. Neither of them seemed to care that he wasn't taking them directly to the river. It all sounds perfect, he replied quietly. Here, with her, it was all perfect.

Hey, Khari? She lifted her head from his shoulder and he fell into that earthy brown again, the sunlight embedding little flares of liquid amber in their depths. This is lovely already. Thank you for coming with me.

Of course, he said back, brushing her hair from her face. I'd go anywhere with you. Or do anything. But maybe he shouldn't say that. Not that she'd understand. She wouldn't understand, didn't know. Father was never far from his mind. The words that haunted him, that depressed him, that sobered him. Today, he wished he could forget them and just be free to not worry. Even innocent touches were doubted, second-guessed. Always having to question himself and whether he was being a brother. Or just being him.

They didn't have to wait to get to the river to race, though. And he tried to brush everything else aside, sparing her a mischievous grin and pinching her neck before taking off with a laugh. He bolted from her side as fast as he could, his wings naturally wanting to lift and pump at his sides. He fought the instinct and kept them firmly against him, though, making sure she could run beside him. The salty sea air was home to him, even way out here, and he savored the mist tangling in his hair and the spray against his legs as he ran.

Come on, baby sis, or I'll leave you behind!

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kharon - 06-25-2017, 12:25 PM