• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M]
    I can’t. There was pain in those two little words, heartache that made her own ache for him in return. She watched the muscles in his jaw tighten, saw the warring in his eyes, and made her choice. “Farther,” she agreed, rising to walk alongside him.

He held his wings tight to his body instead of lifted in invitation, so she gave him the space he needed to work through whatever was bothering him. Whatever was hurting him so. She walked in silence, feeling the water beneath her feet, the sun shining down and warming her skin, the wind keeping the sun’s heat in check and cooling her, tangling in her hair and carrying the scent of the sea.

Funny, how long it took to leave their island behind, to walk so far it wasn’t even a smudge on the edge of the horizon. So much faster to reach the mainland. Kali didn’t think she’d ever been quite so far out. You can, you know. she thought softly, reaching out to touch the velvet of her nose against his cheek. You can talk to me. Whatever it is, you don’t have to be alone in it.

She sighed, pressing her face into the crook of his neck. “Or if you’d rather, we can talk about anything you want. Do anything you want. Just be here with me, okay?” His sorrow made her heart hurt, and all she wanted was to chase it away. With a smile, a game, a laugh, anything to ease the pain in his eyes. She turned to face him, stepping into him until their chests pressed together, and draped her neck over his shoulders to pull him into a hug. It’s going to be okay, Khari.
    Kirby and Lacey's
    little whisper girl

Messages In This Thread
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kali - 06-25-2017, 04:50 PM