• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; khari [M]
    let my eyes be the rhythm, let my mind be your freedom

"Farther," she agreed, and they walked in silence. He didn't lift his wing for her, and she didn't ask him to. She gave him space, let him twist and tangle in his thoughts. This sucked. Maybe he was being responsible, though. Maybe Dad would have been proud or something. But it definitely sucked.

You can, you know, she sent so gently, reaching to touch his cheek. The contact softened the hard stare of his eyes and he shifted a little closer, brushing his lips across that velvet nose. He couldn't talk to her about it, he definitely couldn't. But she didn't understand that, of course. And he wouldn't tell her. She would think less of him, and he wouldn't be able to avoid hearing it. You can talk to me. Whatever it is, you don't have to be alone in it.

She sighed and pressed her face into his neck. He wished it didn't feel so good. So perfect. "Or if you'd rather, we can talk about anything you want. Do anything you want. Just be here with me, okay?" He nodded, but he wasn't sure she saw it as she stepped in front of him, making him stop. Then she was there against his chest, hugging him to her with her head over his shoulders.

He was stiff at first. Then his tension fell away, slid down his legs and into the sea just as the water had. He sighed quietly and pulled her closer too, held her tighter. Still wishing he could have more. She was so beautiful. Kylin, too. He loved how she cared for him, though. How his happiness was suddenly the only thing that mattered to her. He was so stupid. He'd ruined her day out. It's going to be okay, Khari.

I'm sorry, Kali, he sighed, twisting his hold on her to drape his foreleg over her shoulders and bury his face against her neck. His forehead rubbed into her, and he breathed her scent so deeply, letting it soothe his nerves. He lifted his head and pushed his chest to her shoulder, nibbling through her hair and at the roots. I didn't mean to mess up our day. I don't mean to go distant like that. Come on, we'll do whatever you want now. You're in charge. He smiled, nipping lightly at her neck.

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; khari - by Kharon - 06-25-2017, 05:31 PM