• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi
    olid;" cellspacing=10 cellpadding=15 width=500>

Kavi

The name is a white-hot whisper in my blood. Like virulence coating every thought, every memory into bittersweet melancholy. Euphoria from moments spent together and swirls of sorrow for those spent apart.

From the very first time I had the smell of the sylvan forest of the Chamber upon my body, and my eyes crashed over the never ending horizon splotched with every color the imagination could provide a hue to it had been my Home – there was no denying that.

He had been my first just as I had been his.

Even in my wandering days as I tried to forget the names and faces of my companions and friends I could not. It was an injustice to forget about them, even if every memory cut through my heart like a blade through paper. There had been no waves to fill in the footprints upon my heart and mind; there had never been anyone else.

The time that has passed is close to an eternity, and then some. The world has changed and changed again, spun around itself and collapsed into despair, joy and finally repetition. Things are starting to get old. My memories are starting to look like starved ghosts.

And once again I have let those ghosts haunt me. Slowly, I will my aching joints into movement – it is time to get back, lest Kagerus worry about what has become of me. But there is something upon the wind tonight that begs me to linger, just a moment longer. I hear him before I can smell him, and for a fleeting moment my first thought is to flee in the other direction.  But that scent, stored away in the darkest recesses of my mind – never forgotten – renders me motionless. My nostrils flare – and I begin to fear that age has led my senses to betray me. But the scent, accompanied by the light thud, thud of hooves, grows stronger – and there is no denying it.

”Kavi…. I whisper in surprise as the lone figure stalks closer.

He has grown old – brittle-boned and underfed – just like I have. But in my eyes, filling with tears at the sight of him, he is still the same handsome stallion that had whisked me away in the dead of night so many years ago. Eagerly, or as eagerly as my tired legs allow me, I close the distance between us.

I bury my tattered nose in his greyed hair – and I sob uncontrollably. I am a child-mare again, tethered to his words, for without them I don´t know if I would be able to keep standing. ”Hello” the word echo in my hollow mind. He wanted to be here with me, looking at me with all the tenderness that no-one should ever look at me with again.

”Hello” I echo, as my sobs subside. ”Hello” and it is laughter – wild and uncontrollable that now bubbles from my chest. I take a step back, unwilling to leave his side – and I stare wide-eyed in wonder at the image that forms on his skin.

”You didn´t forget” I whisper, but the tears streaming down my cheek this time are of joy.

Unbridled, untamed, boundless joy. It overtakes every fiber of my being, and transforms my weathered body and withered soul into that which he once knew. I throw myself into his warm embrace (and oh, my heart whispers it is where I belong.) – and there is a spring in my step and a sparkle to my eye that is unbefitting of my age but I do not care.
    If only just for tonight – we can turn back time. 

insignificance

Awww <3 I love old people-love 

Messages In This Thread
    Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Insignificance - 12-22-2017, 05:55 PM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 12-23-2017, 01:26 AM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Insignificance - 12-23-2017, 06:20 PM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 12-27-2017, 12:17 AM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 12-31-2017, 08:38 PM
    RE: Unloved, undetermined -- Kavi - by Kavi - 01-12-2018, 11:26 PM