• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Insignificance.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    My own laughter cascades around us at her whiskery touch and the phrase that comes along with it, my eyes crinkling gleefully. The image! This mare, of mousy character and blank eyes - how intensely and beautifully she has changed. I inhale to speak, but at the frisky shake of her forelock the words escape me and wordless cackles take over, my body convulsing as I stagger back and forwards before finally resting my lips, pursed, against her tummy. "You hear that, baby? Your mommy is a flirt!" I giggle some more, bantering with the child and falling in love with it, truly and dearly. Although Insignificance is not my blood relation, her child I will hold close to my heart - I am a nurturer, much as my father was before me.

--

The image of them, together, laughing and safe in a new home - it is one that will paint my hide until time immeasurable. From the shade of the tree overhead, I watch them, my old, frail heart nearly bursting with need to see my daughter again. Since before the reckoning, we have been lost to each other - and within myself, I had lost all will to live. Seeing her now, with the woman I love and the child she bears, I know it was worth it to push through that hour of darkness - for now there dawns an eternity of light.

At long last, as Kagerus begins cooing nonsense to my unborn child, I cannot remain hidden any longer. My muscles surge with the energy of a stallion in his prime, and I lope the rest of the distance, my besilvered mane and tail streaming out proudly behind me. Standing still, I am sometimes a sight for sore eyes - but with the air whistling across my frame, one can perhaps glimpse the past self I once was.

My amber eyes, already brimming over with happiness, meet Insignificance's as I pull up next to them. Knowing well beyond thought that she understands my immense emotions in this moment, I turn without hesitation and throw myself at Kagerus, latching on to her with the ferocity that only love provides. I feel her shaking in my embrace, sobbing in the same tone as she had just been laughing, her legs pushing me over in her attempt to fit even closer to me than I already hold her.

"Hey, baby girl," I murmur into her mane, my own tears spilling. "I missed you."

--

"Daddy," I cry, delirious and non-believing. A thousand questions race through my mind, but each one can be temporarily answered by the feeling that swells and breaks in the form of sobs in my chest. Giddiness and hysterical happiness overwhelm me for longer than I can keep track of, but I don't care. "You're okay," I cry, and clutch him all the closer to me.

Eventually, as my sobs turn into snuffles and hiccups, I release him from my strangling grasp and step back - at the same moment, Insignificance steps forward. A glimmering tear marks her cheek, and an expression so serene decorates her face that my breath is once again stolen. I watch as she speaks his name, and as he speaks hers, and as he - my father - presses his mouth fondly to the base of her jaw, and then again to the width of her stomach.

"Wha.." I am stupefied and rendered dumb, the initial surge of emotion at seeing my father quickly transforming into one of disbelief, confusion, and mental cacophony. They embrace sweetly, fitting together as only lovers can, the perfect combination. My mouth drops lower. Not a part of me moves as I watch, astounded - not my ears, my tail, not even my lungs.

"Does this mean..."

--

I grin at my dumbfounded daughter, still standing intimately close to Insignificance after our loving embrace. My heart shines at the happiness of the moment, at the lover by my side and the daughter before me. I have never felt so complete - so whole - so at one with my own existence. I nuzzle Nif once again, lipping gently at the underside of her beautiful face. My darling.

"Yes," I answer, grinning ever wider, a lopsided expression that is uncannily similar to Nif's. I throw a playful, overjoyed look to the woman at my side, and then send one of more endearment to my daughter - this is news for her. Nif and I - we've had time to settle into it (and well we ought to, with the child coming so close to birth). There's a tightness in my chest, a kind of dying to know exactly how Kagerus will respond to the news of a new sibling, right after the shock of learning I was alive at all - never mind procreating.

--

"..."

"I'm going to be a sister?"
    The words are hushed, filled with wonder and awe, and I tremble despite the warmth of the day. My eyes mist up again, and the smile on my lips is quaking. "A-and, Sig, you're - you're - daddy's - it's both of yours?" My tears spill over at their nods of affirmation.

Without thinking, I launch myself at the pair of them and nestle between them like a filly, throwing my neck over Sig's and squeezing, then switching to Kavi. They clutch me close, and our tears mix sweetly, a unit already more cohesive than any other in Beqanna - these people are my family, and we are growing, and for now, everything truly is going to be okay.

Snuffling loudly, I break from the emotional embrace and fix a puffy, wet eye on Sig. My lips are still quaking, but my playful grin is undeniable.

"You really are a minx, you know. I don't know how you kept it a secret so long -" I touch my nose to hers, our whiskers tangling intimately. "But I'm glad you did."

"I love you guys so much."

Kagerus
    sweet nothing

THIS IS THE CUTEST THREAD EVER WRITTEN
    HOW DO WE ALWAYS WRITE SUCH GOOD, WHOLESOME, CUTE THREADS
    CAN WE WRITE TOGETHER FOREVER?????
    Also, sorry for the novel :/ kavi on his own is a mouthful... Mix him with Kag and Nif, well, things got out of hand.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-05-2018, 02:24 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-08-2018, 01:28 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-13-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Kagerus - 01-18-2018, 01:12 AM
    RE: Insignificance. - by Insignificance - 01-20-2018, 07:16 PM