• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits
    Takei
    Takei had been alive during the Brotherhood’s first lifetime in the Tundra, though he had never participated. Even in that time the blood-and-bone spent his days hiding in the more timid corners of Beqanna, chasing seagulls and relaxing in hot springs. He knew of the kingdoms of the Old — the Jungle and the Tundra, the Gates and the Chamber, the Deserts and the Valley, the Falls and the Dale — from the stories and truths his mother would whisper in his childhood.

But he is well into his years of adulthood (not yet under the category of ‘old’ but also not within the bounds of being a child) and so he is quite shocked to hear this young stallion speak of the Tundra so plainly. The glint in the boy’s eyes seems to express how closely he had been with the old Brotherhood, causing Takei’s brow to furrow in mild confusion.

“Yes, we are crafted of the past Tundra Brotherhood, but our creed has been modified. King Brennen leads us.” The words feel pleasant to say on his tongue; they had worked hard to allow Brennen the title of King, though none had worked harder than the bay stallion himself. “If you’re interested, I can take you there and introduce you to him.” Although diplomacy had felt stiff on his tongue as he had entered the Field, Takei finds a comfortable smile to land on his mouth as he finishes his friendly statement.
    watch the mind run far away, way ahead of us

@[Viserion]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm waking up to ash and dust; ischia recruits - by takei - 05-09-2018, 12:19 AM