• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh How I Wonder; Any

Solace

. . .

Solace's smile wides at the girl's word choice. Dreamy was not a word she had ever used to describe Hyaline, but it was uncannily appropriate - especially considering her co-rulers power over the dream world.

"It is," she agrees, "especially in spring when the mountains are painted in pastel colors. Each season brings something different, though, the light snows and autumn days have their own beauty too."

Then, to her surprise, the young mare is speaking a name that Solace knows well.  "Tahti, yes I know her well." Solace doesn't mention that she had been there at the time of the smokey filly's birth and babysat the girl countless times, instead, adding slightly more useful information. "She is the daughter of our Ambassador, and she divides her time between Hyaline and our neighbors to the north, Nerine."

As Lullaby expresses an interest in visiting, Solace's blue eyes shine a little brighter. "I would love to show you around, and  I'm sure Tahti would be thrilled to give you a tour of Nerine too, so you could become better acquainted with both kingdoms." 

over the last year or two, Nerine and Hyaline had settled into a comfortable relationship which seemed to be suiting them both well. Solace was enjoying the friendship of her half-sisters country of militarily minded women, and open borders between their two very different territories was a sure way of keeping the relationship strong. 

"Hyaline is a peaceful, light kingdom. We maintain a guard in case of trouble on our land, but we aim to remain neutral in any skirmishes between kingdoms - keeping our mountains a sanctuary. There are two Caretakers - myself and my mate - and three council positions. Kagerus is a Caretaker but also our General, so together we make a council of four. All important decisions are discussed between the council before a decision is made. "

@[Lullaby] no worries!!

Messages In This Thread
    Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Lullaby - 06-10-2018, 10:32 PM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Solace - 06-11-2018, 07:46 AM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Lullaby - 06-18-2018, 10:37 PM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Solace - 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM
    RE: Oh How I Wonder; Any - by Lullaby - 06-26-2018, 09:47 PM