• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It's 5'o'clock somewhere // Klaudius

Days filled quickly with photo shoots, meet and greets of sponsors, corporate jargon flowing over fine wines.  The hustle and bustle never slowed on his rise to fashion stardom.  It wasn't as grand as pop singers or reality stars but seeing your body on the cover of Men's Fashion and Esquire was pretty amazing(if I do say so myself).  Little time was spent on much else beside building a hefty profile and friends-in-high-places list.  He took to it easily, hardly noticing how it was affecting his relationship with his son.  It was also probably why every relationship he had, had been an epic failure.  From the very first to the last, his work had always taken priority.

Tonight is no different as he entertains guests of his newest contract, sipping expansive whiskey over award winning catering.  Making small talk about life like each other really cared what the other said.  Brushing off conversations with boughts of laughter as we part ways.  Onto the next person and then the next.  His silver eyes shift around the room to find the next on his list so he can get this over with and onto something less stuffy.  Adjusting the collar of his dark suit and loosening his lavender tie to breathe easier, his lips curl to reveal a flawless smile.  

Spotting one of the photographers, he makes his way over.  Extending his hand, as he comes into arms reach, and firmly gripping the young man in a greeting.  Introducing himself easily with a jest and smile.  Their chat begins to drown out as he thinks of the evening he had met Sabrina.  In much the same way as tonight, he had greeted her.  Charming her with his humor and good looks, he had remembered that conversation easily.  They had talked of where they had grown up, how they had come to be in fashion, their ambitions, goals.  It had all led to their next meeting and then their short-lived relationship.  Which resulted in their, now, teenage son.  At the memories his finger begins to tap on the rim of his glass, bringing him out of his haze.  With another smile he bids the young lad farewell for now, and motions towards the door...

ring tone: Thunder - Imagine Dragons

He had just stepped outside when his phone begins to vibrate and then sound.  His hands fumble to release the buttons from his jacket to reach the smartphone in his pocket.  Turning it over to reveal his nephews name.  With a puzzled expression he swipes to answer the call-

"Hey Zain, whats up bud?"

Hey Uncle K! Ya so look... I'm bar-tending down town right?  So, there is this chick here and well... I think its Sabrina.  I mean, I am sure it's her.  

"Ok... So why you calling me bud? We aren't together anymore.."

Right. Right. She's been drinking a few and... well... 

"Where you at?"

Trousers...

"Oh boy... OK. I'm not far. I'll be there in a few. Talk to ya in a bit."

Sounds good Uncle K. Bye

Ending the call with another swipe, he tucks the phone back into his jacket pockets.  Questions materialize on why she was at such a low class bar to begin with, but he doesn't know the details of her life anymore.  Fumbling for his car keys in his pants pockets, he retrieves them and presses the auto start.  Finding the sudden flashing lights and making his way towards it, droplets of rain begin to cascade from the skies.  Opening the drivers side door and hopping in, he puts it in drive.  He wasn't far from the bar his nephew was working at but he wasn't about to leave his luxury sedan so far away...

Arriving outside the establishment, he parks along the sidewalk.  His eyes searching through the trails of water down his window and into the bar.  Not making out enough details to identify anyone, he turns the engine off and exits the car.  Locking it with a click of his remote behind him, beep beep.  The rain was still falling so he shuffles quickly to not soil his new suit.  A couple liquored patriots stumble out the door and he catches the handle, allowing them to pass before he enters...

Compulsively he removes his stuffy jacket and folds it over an empty chair on the end of the bar.  His hand rises to Zain and he takes his seat.  They quickly greet each other with a friendly half-hug, "Good to see ya kid. What you been up to?" It was the usual response, work, girls, etc.   Then Zain motions over his shoulder to a seating area on the farthest side of the bar with a backwards jolt of his head.  There, a woman sat lost in her musings, finishing the drink at her finger tips.  It was fruity he knew.  Those were her go to.  He smiles as he watches her look about casually.  Looking for a late night fling maybe, but had she really stooped that low?

Deciding to grab his ordered drink and noting that hers is low, he tells the bartender to fix another of whatever she was drinking and send it over.  Making his way through the back of the crowd(hopefully undetected). Waiting for the bar keep to place the drink in front of her, and gesture to the sender.  He stands with his jacket draped over his left arm, allowing her to turn to see him before motioning to the empty seat beside her... "May I...?"  

Klaudius
    I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder

@[Sabra] ;p

Messages In This Thread
    It's 5'o'clock somewhere // Klaudius - by Sabra - 06-12-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: It's 5'o'clock somewhere // Klaudius - by Klaudius - 06-15-2018, 11:47 PM