• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark light [Solace, Kagerus, Valdis, any]

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    Throughout our children's lives (for that's what she had said, that day in the cave as it rained: our children), I've often rounded back in my mind's eye to the topic of their father. As a whole, I of course have come to terms with his place in their lives (absent) and the fact that, in some way, Solace did love him. Castile. Some days, I'm thankful to not have a face to place to the name like Solace, who met Rapt, the father of my own son Abysm. Others, I wish I could have something concrete to launch all my wandering thoughts at; but I am left without, and I never pry.

I know that she looks for him; but she is allowed that right in every way.

My nutmeg eyes go to the two retreating figures on this blustery fall-winter day, curious but respectful of their need for alone time. Beside me, little Valdis shivers but pretends not to. Closing my eyes, I dream her a little warmer; it won't toughen her up any, but I'm too much of a sap to watch her adapt so slowly to Hyaline's rather harsh climate. Lowering my head, we continue to graze the sparse grass in companionable silence, our eyes meeting once or twice, at which times I smile warmly towards her. Though we haven't the closest of connections, Valdis and I do get along; we have an understanding, as does everyone in this strange, twisted family.

"I'm going to go back to the grotto, Rou," comes her voice, strong even in its childishness. "I'll see you later?"

Smiling once more, I raise my antlered head and place a kiss to the girl's cheek. "Of course Val; see you tonight."

As the girl's golden figure slowly rescinds up the mountain, I turn and consider the direction in which my wife and step-son had wandered. Enough time has passed since their departure that I begin to approach myself, figuring that it wouldn't be rude of me to join their conversation. It is cold after all, and even I could use some warming up on this fine winter day.

I am downwind of them, and so catch the tail end of Solace's spiel, about training and all. My ears perk excitedly at the thought, but at Velk's next words, I falter. Ears twitching back and to the sides in nervous confusion, I juggle my want to approach and my need to escape like hot coals. In the end, I end up lowering my head again, pretending to nibble the grass as I wait for them to either welcome me closer, or wander away from the nuisance of my presence.

@[Solace]
    Kag says Sad
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dark light [Solace, Kagerus, Valdis, any] - by Kagerus - 07-04-2018, 10:12 PM