• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris]
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

Has he ever seen someone cry before? There isn’t a moment of his memory in which he can recall seeing real tears and so he supposes this must be a first for him. How were moments like this meant to feel, for others? He watches her sobbing desperately with a detached sort of wonder and he picks apart every unique feature of the emotions pouring through her – the fear, sorrow, and remorse. People watching the moon landing didn’t know this kind of fascination. But he has to keep his smile restrained, has to keep it all bundled up inside for now, though the joy dances in his eyes with sickening ease.

Who would look for her, indeed, he thinks with wild delight. He could whisk her off to some remote cavern and convince her that only that place is safe, then return in the dead of night to torment her further. God, he could taste her blood already, but then she’s asking him a question and the spell of his starvation is broken once again. Vulgaris had never thought that she might want to come to Loess, the one place he shows his true face, but he considers the idea for a moment. He could parade her as some orphan he’s so selflessly taken in, perhaps? Certainly not the child bride she almost is. Even they would be revolted by him.

Oh, sweet Pond,” he murmurs as he touches his muzzle to her forelock. She smells tender with just the right marbling. “I live in Loess, the kingdom for hire. If you come with me, you’ll have to work. Is that the sort of life you desire?

Another lie. He knows very well that Wolfbane allows simple inhabitants but Vulgaris wants to see her obey as a mercenary. He wants to see her take life with her own strength. A shiver runs down his spine at the thought of her crushing the last breaths out of someone.

If you think you’re strong enough, then you may come with me.

And then he watches her, eyes glimmering like tired emeralds while his scales highlight the sharp curve of his jaw. It would be so easy to make her break but he wants to see her do it herself.

@[Pond]

Messages In This Thread
    am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 07-11-2018, 05:55 AM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 07-12-2018, 07:29 AM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 08-29-2018, 06:28 PM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by vulgaris - 09-07-2018, 12:54 PM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 09-08-2018, 12:34 PM