• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

That I may hail thee queen of birds - Roseen, any
    Tephra is as humid as a land can be, especially on the more foggy day, but to say Tephra dry and ashy, then you haven’t seen all of the land. What, of course, does not help is that Amore finds the pair of them in an ash cloud carried southwards by the wind that comes from sea. Usually it is not as bad as this, the volcano’s activity would only show through a fine layer of ashes.

A land much more barren than Tephra, with her lush green meadows and a forest of jungle like vegetation. Multiple rivers run through the land, and at the base of the volcano sits a warm water lake, heated by the volcano. For the most wonderful view, one has to travel up the volcano, but that is not Amorette would recommend doing on a foggy day as this.

The call makes her ear twitch. For a moment she is hesitant to react, afraid of what, or who, she would find. Too many bad things had happened lately, and Amore is not ready to come across another one. But at the same time she is more than ready for something good to happen. And these strangers could be that type of good happening.

“Hello” she greets the pair, a silvery and a sooty bay, with a smile and a drop of her head. “Welcome to Tephra, however I can’t say you chose the most flattering entry.” Her dark eyes take them both in, then nods to the left to invite them to walk with her. Standing in a rain of ash isn’t the best place to hold a conversation. Amorette offers them another smile, hopefully encouraging, before turning her short form to the left to guide the two strangers to a more pleasant spot.

They cross the shallow part of the river, water reaching to her knees only, and a little further, out of the wind, the air clears up. Amore snorts, and shakes her head, attempting to shake some of the ashes of. But the ebony woman had long ago accepted that it would be a part of her, even the slight sulfur-like smell. “I’m Amorette, what brought you to Tephra today?”

@[Leilan]
    @[Roseen]
    Sorry, this kind of is all over the place :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: That I may hail thee queen of birds - Roseen, any - by Amorette - 08-14-2018, 03:47 PM