• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear the words when they’re singing; rhaegor

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

As the light pierces the night in two, she comes undone. Though the light fades quickly when he releases control of it, the imprint of its shape leaves him nearly sightless in the all-consuming darkness around them. The prince takes a fumbling step closer to the girl, hoping she will still be there when sight returns to him; but her voice confirms her presence, and it does little to reground Rhaegor back in reality.

You're a constellation. A half-dazed smile touches the colt's lips; he hadn't expect her to be so awed, and the fact that she is leaves him breathless. Her words are followed by steps closer, steps he can only hear and not yet see; so when her nose finds his chest, he flinches. Quickly though, before she can be hurt by his surprise, he is gathering her to him, stepping closer to her and gently placing his nose on the other side of her neck such that she stands, curled and folded, in the space between his chin and his chest.

Do the heavens live within you?
    I think they live between us, moon dancer.

She leaves with the words, as flighty as the wind, her whimsical movement suggestive of the might she could bear should she want to. With vision only half-adjusted, she seems an angel in the moonlight, her movements ethereal now even more than they were before. Or maybe his vision is fine, and he's simply enthralled by her without needing any supplemental stimulus. Maybe she is his sun, the star around which his world revolves.

She beckons to him, steps back, says please - and in response, the pegasus lowers his head, indicating that she should not yet turn and run. Rhae's approach is slow, calculated, as if every step that brings him closer to her is a gift that ought to be cherished; and when there remains no space between them, he finds himself ghosting his lips along the sensitive fibers of her ears, breathing there and allowing the softest of words to make their way to her mind.

"Anything for you."

And without another thought, he surges forward with a powerful push from his hindquarters, running his wing along the length of her body as the earth disappears beneath him as if of its own volition. The pumping of his legs and the impact of his hooves against the moonlit grass fill their midnight stage with noise, and soon, the sound of hers accompany his; an orchestra for the stars above to admire.

Rhaegor

@[ivy]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i hear the words when they’re singing; rhaegor - by Rhaegor - 10-14-2018, 04:24 PM