• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Feeling a little strange - any

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

This time it’s her turn to blush – or she would have if she could. If the blue girl had been gifted with the power to shift colors like a chameleon, the dark blue color would’ve turned into a deep crimson red. The nervous fluttering in her stomach dies down a little as the distance between them closes and she happily presses her nose against his skin. Murmuring something softly she gives in to the touches, moving her muzzle along his neck before she returns the favour to him. They aren’t an odd pair, her dark blue roaning coat matching his. Even though she stands out they go well together, almost, almost she didn’t stand out anymore.

Her movement stills as she pulls her head back a little and turns a little to the side to look at him. She’s surprised, not having expected this offer. It was the first time someone actually showed interest in her and now he also wanted to offer her a permanent home? A home where she could come back to, a place to belong? Felinae had never belonged somewhere, or with someone, and hearing him propose to her like that made her heart skip a beat as the fluttering feeling was back with full force. ”You want a home, a home with me?” she breathlessly replies, suddenly extremely shy and self-conscious again.

Like the young thing she was she rears lowly, turning away from him before jumping up in the air. Once she lands again she snorts, nostrils wide open before she continues her little enthusiastic outburst. Jumping around in a small circle, bucking happily, she comes to stand still in front of him again. The blue girl stretches her neck again, her nose reaching for his as she softly whinnies. She presses her nose against Zeik’s skin again, breathing in deeply as she was making sure that she would never forget his scent. ”You won’t lose me” she eventually softly replies, letting her muzzle trail along his cheek before pressing it against his neck again. Felinae doesn’t meet his gaze, keeping her gaze focussed on nothing in particular as she stares across his back. ”Please.. Please take me home, Zeik..” she softly whispers. She rubs her nose against his neck, as to make sure he wouldn’t suddenly disappear.

Suddenly, Zeik understands Makai’s torment. The stallion and his emotions had seemed so alien to him at first, but now everything was clearer. With Felinae pressed against him Zeik cannot think of another, more comforting sensation. But still the thoughts of her being ripped away from him sink into his mind. If it ever came to pass that she were gone from his life, Zeik would more than likely find himself in the same situation as Makai. Tormented and alone. So he holds her close in these moments and takes nothing for granted.

When her fine head pulls away Zeik looks at her curiously, eyes roaming the length of her girlish face while she lets his offer sink in. He nods happily, feeling incredibly whole at this moment in his life. She cannot believe he would offer such a thing. He cannot believe that she would accept. But with her approval comes the weight of his promises - to love her, care for and protect her. He’d never had responsibility over another being, and Felinae is not just any old mare. She’s worth his life, and he’ll do his best to keep her happy and satisfied.

Her break from his side has him shaking with laughter, and her delicate show of energy has him feeling coltish himself. His forefeet dance, tail lashing impatiently at his hocks while she celebrates. He only settles when she presses her skin to his again, inhaling him. Then, he’s incredibly tender, nose quivering along her outstretched neck. Her promise to him makes him close his eyes, and Zeik drinks in every aspect of this very moment in time, forcing himself to remember it all. When he opens his eyes again, she’s waiting, still achingly close.

His dark eyes flash and he smiles mischievously. “Let’s fly, little bird.” And then he’s gone, transformed into his falcon shape. He stretches out his wings and lifts himself, hovering for a moment until she can join him. From there, the two won’t look so strange, and they’ll make a rapid journey to a new land. One where he and Felinae will never be alone again.

Everything we are and used to be is buried and gone

OOC: YAYYYYY <3 ugh so happy because these two are perfect together. If you want you can put a post up for me in Misty Rapids, or I'll make a thread for you <3