• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Behave yourself little Darling ( Magnus, Johnathen, Any)
    Johnathen paused at the borders on his way home. He made one friend. He was chatting with a new foal when his Mama called for him. He perked his ears as his mother called for him. He was sad that he hasn't made many friends yet. He soon was by his mothers side.

"Mama, it was fun at the playground! We played tag. I met a filly named, uh, Ammorette. I don't know much else about her." he said, telling only the nice, fun stuff that happened there.

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

The sun shifts in the sky as the conversation continues, and Magnus relaxes slightly, tail flicking lazily at his sides, the edges of it stinging slightly as it hit flesh. “I’m glad to know you are making some friends,” he says with a smile, although he would always wish that the Gates was full of more souls for her to meet. It was growing—steadily, slowly, bubbling up with activity that pleased him—but it wasn’t fast enough. And, if he was being honest, they needed more fighters. He wanted to keep it a haven for souls like Becca, but do to that, he needed warriors who would be willing to shield them from whatever may come.

“As a matter of fact, there have been several new souls calling Heaven home,” he starts, but is interrupted when the colt barrels back toward them, eyes bright with his adventure. Magnus laughs, the sound deep and rich, and just shrugs his shoulders. Glancing back at Becca, he smiles. “Amorette happens to be one of those new souls.” He grins down at Johnathen, “She is indeed nice. She happens to be my daughter.” Not the daughter of his blood, but one that he had adopted all the same. The rest was semantics.

“She and the rest of her family recently came to the Gates.” He doesn’t dive into the back story of their family—the way that they came to the kingdom fleeing from an abusive herd stallion. It wasn’t his story to tell. “I am sure that you will see the group of them around soon enough.” Looking down toward the colt, he smiles again. “I am sure that she will be back soon and then you will be able to play tag again.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    The Golden Princess
    I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, Lead her up the stairwell This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town, I was a dreamer before you went and let me down, Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

Chuckling as her child bounded forwards barreling into her side, she gently nuzzled him, " I'm glad to here you made a friend." she nipped his mane in a playful manner. She hadn't known that Magnus had adopted a foal. It made her wonder a bit more of who he actually was, knowing little of his background she kept to herself not to open healed wounds stuffed with history.

"That's wonderful Magnus." she smiled, golden locks swayed in the wind. While she was in the field something else happened, something big that could grow the numbers of the Gate by one. Yet, not to tell she kept her little secret. Sure it wasn't quite obvious yet, her barrel had not showed any form of her expecting. Although soon enough everyone would know, " I'm glad to here more faces have joined. I was considering recruiting." she spoke cooly. She wished to perhaps rank up if that was even possible at the moment with her little package.

She also felt as that she was being useless around the gates, she needed something to do. Quite often she would find herself doing nothing, or simply grazing out of boredom. Yes, she had a child to take care of and soon to have another yet, if she had to take another minute of doing nothing she would blow her brains out, metaphorically of course.

becca

image © nathan walker