• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Behave yourself little Darling ( Magnus, Johnathen, Any)
    He sees the buckskin stud. His golden eagle wings beside him. He greets his mama. Then Magnus asks his name. "I-I'm Johnathen. Can you fly?" he says, curiosity heavy on his voice. Those huge wings. "Are they real? he further questions.
    (ooc: sorry for the short posts! Sad Don't have much time to post.)
    The Golden Princess
    I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, Lead her up the stairwell This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town, I was a dreamer before you went and let me down, Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

Becca smiled as she saw the golden stallion, handsome as he was kind, she hid her affection for him. " Magnus." the word felt sweet like honey around her lips. It had been long since she'd seen him and, they had so much to catch up. Yet, there was still the possibility her child was not welcome in the Gates.

Striding towards the brute, she allowed a whisper to flow out of her lips, " May we talk?". She turned her head to Johnathen who at the moment looked completely clueless of what she had said. Tossing her head she spoke, " How about you go find yourself some friends in the playground?" she spoke softly. " I'm sure there are tons of colts and fillies waiting to have new friends." she allowed a smile to curl upon her lips.

She was indeed worried, yet she didn't want to bring nerves nor terror upon him, so she kept positive. Strangely Johnathen reminded her of herself when she was younger, independent, loyal, and most of all joyful. He always seemed to have a smile upon his face, no matter what condition he wads in or how he felt, he was a survivor. Tough as they come, and if he couldn't survive without her then who couldn't?

becca

image © nathan walker

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

There was life beginning to stir in Heaven, and he was reveling in it. He loved waking up in the morning and hearing the idle chatter of its residents; he loved walking among their sleeping bodies at night to ensure each and every one of them was safe. To see that Becca was contributing to that resurgence at life was heart-warming to him, to say the least. He had known that she would be a good fit at this kingdom.

“Hello, Johnathen,” he greets warmly, following the child’s gaze back to the wings by his side. They were, at the least, proving to be a consistent conversation starter with the young. “I can!” He lowers his voice a little, “But, between you and me, I’m not very good at it yet.” Not entirely true. He was getting a lot better—stronger every day. While he had stumbled around at first, as clumsy in the air as a babe just trying to figure out their wobbling legs, he now could fly straight and true. Even powerfully when needed.

But he doesn’t share that yet, just winking at Johnathen before glancing back toward Becca. At her request, his expression grew a little puzzled but he just nodded. “Of course.” He watches as she dismisses the colt, and he smiles, “I’ll show you my flying sometime, Johnathen. Have fun at the playground!”

Then he is all eyes on Becca, waiting patiently for her to explain whatever was making her anxious.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    The Golden Princess
    I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale, I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, Lead her up the stairwell This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town, I was a dreamer before you went and let me down, Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around

Once they were alone Becca turned her head towards the rather charming stallion, " Magnus.." she paused dark chocolate ears perked in his direction, she was a bit unsure of asking him yet he seemed trustworthy as he always did. " Do you think Mast will welcome Johnathen to the kingdom?" she eyed him, with periwinkle hues.

Golden forelock laced between her eyes and placed over her deformed heart star, " I mean, I know herds are quite picky about their bloodlines." she spoke tenderly on the subject, " And adopted foals are not always welcomed into herds." She continued on her voice lowered it's volume as she felt as if someone were to be listening, or was that just in her head?

" But is it different for kingdoms?" previously living in a kingdom far from Beqanna, ruled by a cruel tyrant you had not allowed any foals of not his bloodline welcome near the kingdom bounds yet, this anarchy of her past had blessed her future. Perhaps this situation was different, it was called Heavens Gates, and maybe just maybe things were different but, only Magnus could tell her.

becca

image © nathan walker

When they are alone, Becca finally opens up about what has been bothering her, and Magnus almost sighs with relief before shaking his head. “Of course he will, Becca.” He tilts his golden head to the side to look at her, considering her briefly before rolling his scarred shoulders. “Heaven is a haven and is open for any who wish to live here; we do not discriminate or bar anyone from joining simply because we do not like their parents.” He pauses, giving a sad laugh, “Otherwise, I am afraid, I never would have been allowed.”

Not that he deserved to be here of his own merit, but for all his faults, he was certainly better than Atrox, who had raided the Gates before, and his mother, who had done the same. His bloodline was littered with those whose souls were as dark as tar. He may not have been able to escape the curse of his heritage, but he was at least fighting to better himself. He was determined to do better than his predecessors.

Affection blooms at his chest for her concern, for the softness she displayed for the child, and he lowers his voice slightly. “Heaven will be happy to have him here—as we are happy to have you.” He pulls back for but a second to consider her, gold-flecked eyes warming. “I knew that you would fit in here, but I had no idea how quickly you would help improve it.” A smile, “I’m glad you chose this as your home.”

MAGNUS

The Golden Princess

" Oh thank god." she spoke tenderly she was so happy she could kiss him, she wouldn't be able to bare leaving Johnathen in the dust as his previous mother had left him. Turning her head towards him, " If it weren't for you, my golden knight and shining armor I wouldn't be here." Words poured out of her mouth like whisky filled sweetly, and smooth flowing.

Her obvious affection for the buckskin brute began to show more, as she cautiously admired his golden flecked eagle wings neatly folded at his side. " Thank you Magnus, I don't know what I would do, if I left Johnathen on his own." she spoke gingerly towards him in great gratitude for laying off her worries. Batting gold eyelashes, her periwinkle eyes locked with his golden brown for a only a moment.

" Your quite the charmer." she teased, revealing a smile she couldn't help enjoying herself while being in his presence it was such a joy to be near him, and she was deeply glad she didn't choose the high road of a herd life. If it weren't for him he wouldn't of convinced her to come to Heavens Gates, a beautiful place of tranquility and grace.

becca

image © nathan walker

He laughs at her obvious relief, shaking his head. “Of course,” one corner of his lacerated lips fold into a crooked smile. “We would never let a child be on his or her own—let alone force them to be.” It simply wasn’t the way of Heaven, nor any kingdom, he believed. Although, truth be told, some of the other kingdoms had stricter borders than those of the Gates. Magnus worked hard to keep them secure, but he was ultimately passive on who came and went so long as they did not pose a serious threat to the rest of the kingdom members. The Gates was a haven and her borders were open to all who needed sanctuary.

At the next sentence though, he fumbles, uncomfortable under the praise. He was not a particularly bashful stallion, but he was not equipped to handle compliments well. “All I did was present you with the opportunity, Becca,” he diverts. “That hardly makes me a knight in shining armor.” Another laugh, slightly uncomfortable, but still warm, “I’m just glad that you felt this was the right fit.”

Still, she compliments him again, and he shuffles a little. “Charming?” the word feels foreign in his mouth, and he wonders if he is indeed charming; if he was, he certainly didn’t meant to be. He just loved company—especially that of mares. He was his best self around them. “I’m glad to hear that you think so,” he looks toward the border where he can see the colt making his way out, “but it’s easy when I am having such pleasant company.” He smiles at her. “So how have you been, Becca? It has been awhile.”

MAGNUS

The Golden Princess

She could tell he wasn't adjusted to being complimented much, so she halted her praise for a brief moment, " Yes, Charming." she teased. Tossing her golden mane onto one side,"I've been good. And yes it's been a while." a gentle smile curled around her lips.

She couldn't help it, she had a major crush on the golden stallion. Although, it was still strange for her to see him with wings upon both sides. It would be easy for her to adjust to the small physical change bestowed upon him. "How have you been Magnus? Anything new?" she smiled kindly, glancing over the horizon where she could see the small peeks of a colt like silhouette slowly fading in the distance.

Turning her head towards the other direction, she found the sights of the mother tree, seeming to be reborn and fully recovered from the attack from the chambers. It was a beautiful sight that the Gates was recovering, without their queen there was something still missing. Although, she hadn't been able to meet their queen Fiasko, she was assured by the thought that she was highly valued in Heaven Gates society.

becca

image © nathan walker

Sorry for the late post, I have a lot going on at the moment.

It was rare for Magnus to take a few moments to himself—to just enjoy the company of another resident of the Gates. He made the decision to relax and appreciate the moment, forcing himself to stop thinking about everything he had to do, should be doing, for the kingdom. There would always be more challenges to fight, steals to block, and recruits to talk to; but if he brought souls to the Gates and then neglected them, failing to spend time with them, what good was it? He’d just be making empty promises.

“Well, I have been keeping busy,” he consents, one corner of his lacerated lip rising into a crooked smile. “It seems that there is no rest for the wicked.” Which was, if he was being honest, just the way he liked it. He would much prefer to keep busy, work himself relentlessly, than spend his hours lazing underneath the sun. When he was busy, he could forget about all his failures—all that he had lost throughout the years.

“What of you, Becca?” He laughed lightly, “Other than adopting new colts, that is.”

MAGNUS

not a worry! Smile take your time between posts. there's no rush.
    The Golden Princess

The damsel turned her head towards the horizon, it seemed as if Jonathan had stopped in his steps, as he neared the border. Did he know where the playground even was?  Lifting her muzzle she hailed to him to return to her side, she didn't exactly enjoy when he wandered off by himself. But at some point in his life he would have to write his own journey and, make his own decisions without her guiding him through life.

Her attention remained upon the small silhouette of her child, until she heard a question witch appointed her attention upon the dashing stallion she called a friend. Becca briefly stood in silence staring as if she were spaced out then quickly answered in a soothed tone," Well, I've mainly been hanging around Heavens gates." she paused, " I have also been in the meadow, haven't yet made too many friends, but just enough." she smiled exhaling.

"otherwise it's been quite quiet for me." she added politely. " Any new faces joining the gates lately?" she enjoyed his company, for he was one of the few faces she knew around Heaven, he and Mast were the only ones she knew. Her dark chocolate lobes perked in his direction, somehow she felt more comfortable around him than many other horses, it was just so easy to open up and talk to him.

becca

image © nathan walker