• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i focus on the pain; the only thing that's real. | thaniel

everyone i know goes away in the end
        Again, he is forced to try to hide his amusement as the boy begins to take in (with awe) his stature and size - it was not an unusual response; he was massive in comparison to most of the valley and had a certain presence that made many wary of him, of his intentions. Youth, however, was on the dappled boy's side, and for this he is simply curious, eager to sate his need for knowledge and understanding. It had been a long time since he had been within the presence of young, and it brought many painful memories to the surface, though he struggled to remain in the moment.

"I doubt you'll stay small, but I equally doubt you'll grow as large as I am." He takes a moment to nudge one of the boy's sinewy but spindly legs, his lips curving with a wry smirk. "You're of a slim build. But you will grow."

Thaniel. It was a simplistic name, but beautiful in its own way. It spoke of a love, of adoration - it was a carefully thought out name, that much was certain. He had been loved in his birth that he was given a name he could carry without shame, unlike him, for Offspring was certainly not a name born out of anything but disdain, dismay and mayhaps hatred. He couldn't say for certain. His mother had been a callous woman, with little regard for him - she had preferred he be a stillborn, for the union that had caused his existence was one of violence and rape - things Thaniel did not yet know. The product of lust and power, he had been given a name that only suited what he was. Never who he was.

He loathed it, but had long since grown used to it.

His faint smile faded as the word dead rolled so simply off of the boy's tongue. A pang of pity struck him in the breastplate. If his name had been chosen so carefully, so lovingly, only to leave the boy alone and on his own, he pondered for a moment which situation was worse. Having a mother that did not love nor care made it easier to let go, to drown it out, to forget - but to lose a mother that loved so deeply as to have so carefully named her child, so young - it filled his chest to the brim with dread. He would not ask. He was not certain as to how it may upset the boy, which was the last thing he wanted to do. Instead, he would respond in kind.

"My name is Offspring," he is certain the boy will have something to say about that. "and my mother is dead too. I am very old, you see." He hopes this will distract him from the obvious, but he has a feeling that it won't. "I have lived one hundred and eighteen years. Not many live to be as old as I am."

offspring

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i focus on the pain; the only thing that's real. [thaniel] - by Offspring - 02-21-2016, 12:35 PM