• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i focus on the pain; the only thing that's real. | thaniel
    If a man can bridge the gap between life and death, if he can live on after he's dead, then maybe he was a great man.
    The young colt’s voice fills the space between them, dismay filling his tone. “What if I end up being short forever?! I don’t want to be short forever!” It was the other part of Offspring’s statement that Thaniel ignores. The surprise that he wouldn’t be as big becoming the main issue at hand almost instantly. It was as though nothing else mattered at that moment. Not as big as Offspring? Well that just wouldn’t do! He had to grow up to be big and strong. Just like his mother had told him to do. He just had to. And what use would he be if he wasn’t big? He just couldn’t fully comprehend it.

There were so many things he wanted to do with his life. So many things he wanted to see. From the horrors to the blessings, he wanted see it all. He wanted to change in the ways events caused the rest to do so. He wanted them to form him into who he was meant to be. And he wanted the rest of the equines he met over time to help him to see and experience the things he wanted to. Thaniel wasn’t one to do it alone or to want to. There were many in the world who would enjoy the solitude and take the time to seek it out, avoiding the many interesting faces that filled the world the best they could.

But not Thaniel. No, he would never do that. He would never hide from the world, seeking out the darkest corners and finding peace within their emptiness and silence. He was a free spirit that would always stay in the open, eager to meet new faces and learn all about as many life stories as he possibly could before his final days came to take him into the afterlife. Even if that meant all he did was annoy most everyone he met until that last day that was oh so far away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Offspring. The name is unusual to him but in a good sort of way. He likes the intricacy of it, the way it sent a small jolt of curious intimidation through his small body. Were the dapple gray colt to know about how Offspring hated the name it would surprise his curious mind entirely, and so many questions would pour forth until finally he dug deep enough to understand why. "Wait. Doesn't that name mean a bunch of children or something? You were named after babies?” His tone is light and airy, a hint of amusement dancing within his tone. “If I’m right doesn’t that mean you’re technically named baby?” It was almost cute the way Thaniel didn’t fully understand the meaning. Yet the small mistakes left an easy opening for Offspring to find more amusement in the younger colt and teach him something new.

It was the man’s next comment that has the dapple gray colt’s ears facing forward at attention, his body suddenly straight and his head tilted upwards so that he could look at him better. Like Thaniel, Offspring was alone and without a family and for the first time in his short few months, he felt a pang himself in his chest. It was as though his heart grew tight and his lungs constricted and for a moment he was unable to move, unable to breath. Being alone was hard. Harder than the young boy was willing or able to admit except on rare occasion.

Slowly he exhales, his chest moving slightly under his dark gray coat before laughing slightly, changing his demeanor the best he could to shake off the feeling of loneliness. “I’m not surprised. You look pretty old.” He is laughing then, the joke more amusing to him than it would probably be to Offspring. Though he didn’t care, as was his young bold nature. “Wait 118 years?! Oh. My. God! Is that why you’re so big? Because you’ve lived practically for like…ever?” He is laughing harder now, the joke growing even more amusing to him.

thaniel

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i focus on the pain; the only thing that's real. [thaniel] - by thaniel - 03-09-2016, 06:09 AM