• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Another Addition for the Herd [Moon, Any]
    Moon watched Anahi, her body language had slightly changed; she tensed. This made Moon nervous, making her twitch her right ear a few times. She stood straight, picking her head somewhat up. She could tell the mares were a favor of Archam, most likely mares of his herd. She heard the quick snip about the over-eager stallions, bringing her wonder once again to what the stallions were like, what mares they had seemingly claimed, in their eyes, and if they commonly or ever fought over mares. She would ask later, not wanting to make an even worse impression on the two mares.
    ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining It's gotta be a cloudy day

She listened intently, observing the mare. She’s got spirit, hopefully that can be funneled into purposeful work. Her size was a strength, although smaller horses could make up for their weakness in agility. There was something beyond her eyes that wasn’t quite right though, and she didn’t trust that. Innocent until proven guilty though, should this mare unveil her true colours to be those that did not align with the neutral kingdom then it would be dealt with then but for now Ashara would treat it as insecurity. She certainly wasn’t talkative and gave off the impression she’d rather like the conversation to end. So she smiled politely to her words before giving her attention to the other two. The roan’s comment made her chuckle. “Was a nod not enough to stroke your ego?” She joked in a light-hearted voice. “How are you Archam?” It was true she had more interest in the mares than conversing with the stud but mediated anyway. Anahi’s remark made her grin as well. She knew all too well how the brute’s behaved, their minds always on one thing. “Which stallions are you referring to? Jedi is quite the gentleman and other than Archam there is only Kreios here who is far from forceful as well.” That is why she liked being apart of the kingdom and not a herd, she didn’t have the pressures of being a broodmare, plus she liked being treated as an equal and answering to a king and queen who were a team, sharing responsibilities equally. She kept her mood light-hearted despite what the other mares were projecting, after all, she was a diplomat where words were better than fighting. “Is there something going on here? I sense some tension?” She said to the group.

Credit Image stock (starrlightstarbright.dA)/ Artist (Vita)

"The stallions when I was in the Field," Anahi answered. "A lot of them would come there to try and claim mares. Those who wouldn't go were impregnated by the stallions anyways. But during the summer and even very early autumn before breeding season, they were practically jumping out of their skin. I swear you'd think they were kangaroos and not stallions that have a job to protect their herds," the champagne mare clarified.

Anahi had also noticed how Archam seemed to glare at Ashara when the mare didn't greet him as she approached. Anahi chuckled, "Oh come on Archam, your ego can handle it just this once. Even we mares forget things at times," she chimed innocently, shooting Ashara a playful look.
    Heart 

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

The stallion flicked his ears aware of the tension that was high. It was always an adjustment period for a new mare being introduced to the herd. Moon was also being introduced to a kingdom on top of it. He shook the tension off as he gave a laugh to Asharas comment "Awh Ashara, you know I always need my ego stroked"  he said in a joking mannor. "Im well, thank you. "  a grin stayed on his face, quickly fading as the mare was quick to throw a jab at him. Archam thought of himself as a gentleman, to mares at least. He was quick to be witty with snarky mares as well as other stallions. He couldnt help it, he was pleased to hear Anahi confirm his thoughts.  He eyed the golden vixen as she asked if there was a problem. She was obviously able to sense the tension, he knew she was just maintain her job by asking, but she didnt need to. "I can handle any issues with the mares in my herd. Moon is new here, im sure its a little stressful" he said calmly, respectfully asking her to drop the conversation. He would be sure to cut off any fights the mares would have, and to correct it should one happen.

archam

Sensing that tension was building up again, despite Archam's efforts to quiet the mares, Anahi stepped forward, placing herself slightly between the stallion and the palomino mare.

"Let's not let anything get out of hand guys. I admit, it is stressful, but it was when I arrived to, and I'm sure it was for you as well Ashara. So let's let bygones be bygones and try to get along, huh?"
    Moon swiveled her ears, looking at the mares. Polite or not the hint just seemed to make it worse. "Sorry, didn't mean to make things stressful." The slight sarcasm that ringed in her voice wasn't clearly directed towards a certain horse. She mentally kicked herself for letting them see her lack of compatibility with these mares.

The tension and awkwardness only grew. "Archam could you show me around a bit ?" She asked moving to his other side, pointing her muzzle down hill. She quickly found out mare fights were anything but tolerated by Archam, who currently was the only stallion she knew, and someone she could trust, or so she thought.
    Anahi could tell that Moon wished to get a move on. She didn't know if it was because Anahi, or Anahi and Ashara together, had done something to make her even more uneasy, but whatever the case, Anahi wouldn't interfere. It wasn't her business after all. Archam could spend time with whoever he wished, and the same went for Moon.

Anahi had to respect that; she could not get jealous over a herd stallion, considering he had others he was courting anyways.

The champagne mare looked at Archam, "I'll let you guys be on your way. I think it'd be a good idea if you showed her around, help her get to know the place. I'll head on back to the waterfall to check on the other mares for you while you show Moon around."

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam gave a yawn as it was nightfall and he hadnt had a chance to sleep yet. His eyes flicked to Anahi as she attempted to ease the situation before a more serious one began. He could appreciate the mare for her efforts to keep peace. His eyes flicked to Moon who obviously wanted to be away from this situation, understandably. He found his eyes again moving from Moon back to Anahi as she agreed they should leave. He gave a small nicker as a thank you, he stepped forward to nuzzle Anahis lower neck before turning back to Moon.

"Yes Moon, I'll show you around" he was quick to look at the golden mare assuring her he was capable of handling the situation. He lowered his muzzled to itch his lower left leg, the summer bugs were out and they surely enjoyed dining on Archams body. He gave a snort of annoyance, lifting his head back up he began to move his legs, each step digging into the ground. He slowed his pace to look back for Moon.

archam

Anahi nickered affectionately as Archam stepped forward and nuzzled her neck as a sign of thanks. She returned the display, gently nuzzling his neck and nipping at a few bugs she could see were pestering him.

After he had agreed to show Moon around and walked off for her to follow, Anahi dipped her head as a farewell to Moon and the stallion before turning and heading back toward the river, intent on returning to her spot to get some sleep.