• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Another Addition for the Herd [Moon, Any]
    Moon nodded, turning to the other mare.  "Where do you usually sleep?"  She asked, forcing herself to realize that she would have to adjust to the new way of life.  She took in a deep breath, still facing the mare but avoiding her gaze.  She cocked her rear left hoof,  shifting her weight.

Her thoughts on the place were all great.  But so far only one horse had approached and it wasn't what she was used to.  It looked like she was too late for a foal this year, so she might have to focus her energy on helping the mothers, but she didn't know what duties she served in the kingdom.

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam gave a warming smile to Anahi who took it upon herself to make the new mare feel at home. A breeze kicked in sweeping his mane and tail to the right, gently setting it down as it stopped. Again he stayed silent as the mares exchanged conversation but noticed Moon seemed bored, or upset. He couldnt tell, either way he was curious to why.

Usually by now one of the diplomats would come and explain the castes but since they didnt Archam would take the liberty. "The kingdom has two Castes, the warriors and the diplomats. The diplomats recruit and keep peace, the warriors protect. Do either of these sound of interest to you?" He left the question open to both mares. Ashara had spoken to Anahi about the diplomats but she was open to keep or change her mind about her chosen caste now settled in. All the mares in the kingdom were diplomats, and only a few warriors, all stallions. 

archam

"I usually stick near the creek as well at night. Makes me feel safer, having all the foliage around to let me know if something is approaching so I can be prepared."

Sensing that Archam's explanation of the castes and his question after it had been open to both, the champagne mare looked at the stallion, "I'm still sticking with diplomat for now. Perhaps one day I will change my mind, but now, I wish to keep myself out of the battlefield. I've had enough of that during my earlier years."
    Moon nodded. "They both seem okay, but I wouldn't want to break tradition, if all warriors are stallions." Although she did love the adrenaline of a fight she knew it would be foolish to battle when carrying a foal. Her eyes flickered between the two as the wind lifted and settled her mane. 

On all honesty the mare seemed great, but Moon herself was more focused on dominance. She wasn't raised in a herd, or a kingdom, so once she figured out where she stood, her personality would shift. She we a natural leader, but she didn't really like the thought of change.

Archam listened as the two mares spoke, Anahi confirming her desires to stay a diplomat. He gave a nod of acceptance, a fine choice, the kingdom was full of life thanks to the diplomats who put forth the effort. He swiveled his ears towards Moon who showed interest in the warrior caste but settled on the diplomat not to break 'tradition' "Nonsense" he muttered. "If you want to be a warrior, you can be a warrior." the choice was fully hers, obviously a pregnant mare wouldn't be put up to battle and would most likely be a diplomat in her time of pregnancy. The kingdom could use more warriors though, if she felt as though she could offer the kingdom protection than that is what she should choose. He flicked his tails listening to the critters that sang throughout the kingdom, the waterfall that roared endlessly.

archam

She tilted her head slightly, nodding.  "Well, one day I may change my mind, but until then, I am interested in using my duties as a warrior." She stated.  "Can we discus more of that later.  I want to find out more of the average and daily things before I get too tired." She nickered, swiveling her ears to listen to the roar of the river.  She wanted to meet other horses, but she figured most must be dozing by now.

Moon lowered her head, her muzzle brushing against the grass.  She took a big whiff of the delightful aroma before ripping a mouthful from the ground.  She wondered if  things were always this quiet and if the other horses were just as friendly.
    ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining It's gotta be a cloudy day

Voices travelled down the rolling hill to the golden auricles of a palomino mare. It seemed Archam had yet again recruited another for his herd so she had continued to graze, barely in ear shot. The word warrior caught her attention and she listened a little more carefully. It seemed this mare was joining the kingdom castes. This of course interested the diplomat enough to meet the newcomer. She made her way at a leisurely pace, the season too warm for much more than sunbathing. Her coat however, was exceptional in this season and the next, her winter coat shed out to reveal a shiny gold coat. Her other features were merely ordinary; she certainly wasn’t elegant or beautiful or a nice mover but her coat, the colour of the sun and her sturdy feet were her best physical asset.

As neared the gathering, close enough to converse. She dipped her skull in respect. Giving a friendly smile to Archam and Anahi before offering her muzzle to the stranger. “Hello, welcome to the Falls. I am Ashara. I over heard your interest in becoming a warrior. I think that is wonderful and we are so glad you will join us. Your duties will also include recruiting, as well as border patrol and mock battles.” She formally explained. “I’m sure Archam, Krieos or Jedi would be able to show you the border. If you have any other questions, one of us would be happy to help.” She added a nod to accentuate her words. Her head turned to the champaign. “And how are you, Anahi?”

Credit Image stock (starrlightstarbright.dA)/ Artist (Vita)

After settling all the words in her head Moon answered.  "I am moon, yes I am interested in becoming a warrior." She forced her voice to keep calm even though her rouge instincts were increasing her uneasy mood.  By now she was sure they could sense it, so she quickly muzzled Archangel, easing her.  "Thank you for the greeting, it's wonderful to meet you." She was now eyeing the mares uniquely interesting gold coat.  With narrowed hazel eyes she gave a belated sip of her long head.  The grey Andalusian glanced around avoiding looking directly into either mare's gaze.

She held back asking if there were ever fights inside of the kingdom, figuring not.  It seemed so calm, she wondered if she would fit in with the other mares even if she wasn't a diplomat.  The mares all seemed friendlier, and less eager to be courted than some lone mares she had met.

The bay roan stallion flicked his ears to watch as the gold mare arrived. She came later than usual, her gold coat was beautiful in the summer sun. He would generally attempt to court the mares who kept his attention, like Ashara did, although he knew Jedi and Ashara were courted, or courting. She must have been listening to there conversation as she answered Moons question on what her duties would be. He gave a nod of his head as Ashara said he, Kreios or Jedi could show the border, which is a true statement. He gave a sligjt glare to the golden mare who forgot (or purposely) to give a greeting to him. "Hello to you too Ashara" he gave a snort, relaxing his body and ridding his glare he flicked his tail noticing the silver mare wouldnt look at the other mares. He noted the interaction for a personal conversation they would have to have. 

archam

Anahi dipped her head in greeting as Ashara came up to join the stallion and the two mares. She gave her friend and fellow diplomat a friendly smile as she introduced herself to Moon and told her of how Archam or some others would be more than willing to give her a tour of the land.

Anahi would've offered, but she was still getting used to the lay of the land herself.

When Ashara questioned her, Anahi smiled again, "Doing well today, thank you Ashara. I've been enjoying the sunlight, and trying to ignore how some of the stallions are wandering around toward the mares. I swear it's still summer and already they are getting antsy while waiting for autumn to arrive."

Anahi couldn't help herself from gazing back at Moon; she was sensing the mare was getting anxious. Whether it was because she wished to go explore or she was just as anxious as the stallions for autumn to arrive, Anahi did not know.

She also had another suspicion; Moon might wish to try and take over the herd from the other mares and become the boss. Despite Anahi's rebellious and stubborn personality, she did not care much for being a boss mare. She was fine with whoever was the boss mare, as long as said mare was not too reckless or forceful with the other mares unless times called for it.

For some reason, Anahi couldn't help but feel nervous; she sensed a fight was brewing.