• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Long Desired Return (Jedi)
    Despite the water cooling her, Sorea felt warm once again as Jedi told her he wouldn't have left her alone. So quickly had she grown fond of the stallion and took opportunities to show it, but she had reason.

The very act of meeting him and acquiring his interest taught her that she could never see herself as just another mare in a stallion's herd, but that the affections of one stallion exclusive to her was instead, exactly what she needed.

Being just another mare for breeding or boasting purposes was one of things she had feared the most about leaving the Falls for the Dale.

"Thank you," she replied gently, nuzzling him again. He then asked her how she had found the Falls. "It was by accident, I guess, and Ashara found me so quickly after I had just arrived... we should see her again, at some point," the red-gold mare replied thoughtfully, realizing how much she missed their friend. "What about you? How did Jedi come to make this land his home?"
    Sorea
    beauty has nothing to do with sound

The stallion listened to the mare as she spoke about Ashara recruiting her to the Falls. He gave a smile remembering how he arrived to the Falls; after years of traveling alone he stumbled on these lands, multiple horses met him to recruit him. Ashara and Ygritte as two of them, he was so happy that he chose to join the Falls. He has meaning again, he felt as though he was a waste of space traveling alone. No kin, no mate, no duties. When Ashara recruited him he grew to become one of the highest ranking warriors in the Kingdom, he had a purpose.

He gave a nod agreeing the two should meet up with Ashara soon, it grew hard for the two to spend times together given there positions in the kingdom. "I traveled alone for a few years and was ready to settle down into a kingdom life, and I found myself here in the Falls." he said looking at Sorea, he did not have an interesting background. His herd was murdered when he was a young colt and he traveled alone after that. 

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk
    Jedi's story proved not to be too far from her own. Sorea, too, had been a wanderer for some time before settling into the kingdom life. Though she wondered about Jedi's birth herd and colthood, she didn't press.

Closing her eyes, the mare continued to enjoy the coolness of the water, until she suddenly dipped her nose in it and turned her head quickly, splashing Jedi.

"Think you can catch me?" she taunted, swimming toward the shore. Once on land, the spotted mare quickly shook out her coat before bolting forward beneath the sun.

Sorea held no doubt the stallion would soon catch her, but the run served as a easy way to dry them off. Turning her head, she nickered encouragement to Jedi, wanting to be caught.
    Sorea

OOC: this post = poop. sorry.

The stag stood in the silence, sun bathing, dozing off in his own thoughts. He was drawn back to reality as he was splashed by Sorea, his eyes grew wide and he laughed only to watch the mare trail off. The petite mare playfully asked if he could catch her "Of course" he muttered extending his legs following after her.

His legs were extended, each step growing closer to the mare. She turned back giving him a teasing nicker and after a few moments he was side by side with Sorea. He gently tugged at her mane before he passed her. He thrashed his head playfully letting a buck out, his body was filled with new found energy. "This is fun!" the stag said with joy, it had been a while since he has had fun. The thought came to mind as he grew curious of his golden friend Ashara, he had not seen her in a while, and he wondered what she had been up to.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

OOC: bleh idek what this is, lol.
    When the painted stallion passed her, Sorea was filled with delight to see him enjoying himself. How fate had managed to align two horses with tragic backgrounds to now experience such carelessness beneath the sun was beyond her understanding, but only increased her bond with the stallion more.

Sliding to a halt from her run, the red-gold mare nickered to Jedi to return to her. "Perhaps we ought to call on Ashara," she told him. "Besides... there's something I'd like to ask her anyway."

Waiting for Jedi's response, Sorea was eager to call for her pretty and gentle friend, hoping she'd also desire to be in their company.
    Sorea

OOC; hehe, well I have an idea where to take this, and I'm super excited.

The wind lifted his mane off his neck, whistling in between his ears. The stallion felt like the birds who flew above them causing a smile to grow on his face. He snapped back to reality when he heard the call of Sorea and slid to a halt causing the grass to be ripped from the earth, unsheathing the dirt beneath it. He turned back to see Sorea call upon him and he gracefully pranced back to the red-gold mare.

As he was near she said they should call Ashara, and she had something to ask her. He glanced at her with curiosity as to what she had to ask and gave a nod Of course we can he smiled hopeful to see the golden mare.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk