• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Catch my heart on a string [Reave]

one lives in hope of becoming a memory

Even in the darkness, I could see the interest light up his features. Though, perhaps my eyes were reacting more to the suddenly sensation of interest that emanates from the young colt. The mention of Grodylin had brought him to attention unlike my glowing markings. I smile knowingly. If I were him, listening to a fellow foal’s account of meeting a strange creature in the darkness, I, too, would have been curious. I did not, however, find his curiosity to be impolite or anything of the sort. In fact, it made him more relatable.

I laugh, a soft sound that rings pleasantly into the darkness. “He most certainly was not a monster.” I had not yet had an encounter with one of these so-called monsters that new roamed Beqanna, but I had heard enough about them, though. They were dark shapes that blended well with the shadows. They were smooth and silent, attacking out of nowhere. Grodylin had been the exact opposite.

“His name was Grodylin,” I start. “He was the most…unusual creature! He was big. Like, very big.” I throw my head up in the air, as if motioning would give @[Reave] an impression of how tall he was. “He was fat and shaggy and standing on two feet. He had a beak and something like a turtle shell on his back.” I had not gotten a terribly good look at him, so it’s hard to remember exactly what he looked like, but that was the best I could do to explain Grodylin to the colt.

As for what he did, I stop for a moment, considering the question. “Well, he kind of…breathed on me.” I laugh slightly, because this does sound kind of awkward. “It didn’t hurt. It kind of…tingled. My whole body felt, like, warm and fuzzy. It almost felt the same as connecting with the flora when mama and I use our flora revival to grow the forest or the grasses. It changed things in the very deepest recesses of my body. And then I started to glow, like papa!” I dance in place again, proud of my glowing markings.

memorie

Photo by Saffu from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 02-14-2021, 03:39 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM