• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The shine in my heart; birthing

As the days passed and Desirea's stomach continued to grow, she came to the realization that she was indeed with foal.  It was funny how such a thing could happen so quickly and unexpectedly.  Just one night of lonely passion had been enough to bring new life into the world.  

Desirea lay in the soft grass beneath the shade of a large tree, gazing wistfully out at the ocean.  The winter had remained remarkably warm, and the days leading into Spring seemed to be a constant flow of blue skies and mild weather.  She was happy here with Szeth, who had proved himself to be a competent lead stallion.  But it was more than that... In Szeth, she saw someone she would be glad to spend the day with, talking about stupid things and doing not much of anything.  They seemed to be well suited for each other, and she had grown quite fond of the spotted stallion.  She liked the way things were now, but she had no doubt that he would soon be off looking for other mares.  It made her a little uneasy, but such was the way of life.  If everything went her way, perhaps they would share a few more lazy afternoons yet.

Suddenly, a sharp pain struck Desirea deep in her belly.  She started and cried out, struggling to get to her feet.  It seemed that it was no use, however -- her plump figure was rooted firmly to the earth.  A roll of muscle contractions swam through her, and she was suddenly keenly aware of the fact that her child was on its way.

The hours passed in a haze.  She didn't know if Szeth had been there by her side, or not.  She had thought she'd seen and heard him, but it was all a feverish dream-like state.  

When she came out of it, she was curled protectively around a tiny, wet, reddish-black creature.  Desirea touched the young thing carefully, noting with relief that it was warm and moving.  The newborn colt raised its head with considerable effort and touched its muzzle lovingly to his mother's side.  Desirea had to smile.  She liked this little thing already.

With a gentle nudge, she got the shaky young colt to his feet.  He wobbled for a moment, then took a few uneasy steps.  She caught him when he nearly fell over, wedging her muzzle under his little belly to give him stability.  And then, suddenly, he turned and blinked up at her with his large, shiny eyes; and it was love at first sight, for both of them.

ooc; Would Szeth be so kind as to bestow the little one's name on him?  c:

Messages In This Thread
    The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-04-2016, 12:59 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-04-2016, 03:14 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-09-2016, 12:27 AM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Desirea - 06-12-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: The shine in my heart; birthing - by Szeth - 06-17-2016, 12:17 AM