• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am brambles but i am tangled in your love; tamlin
    Wonder

Sometimes it is still a wonder to her that she has such a beautiful family. She had always watched her parents together, the way they loved each other so gently. It is her very first memory, of being curled beside her brother, tucked safely between Pyxis and Daemron. It also something she thought she would never know for herself, not after the bones had ruptured through the chestnut to paint such a grotesque parody of life across her skin. Not even Brigade had stayed with her - and who could blame him? Who could love something so strange, something come to life straight out of a nightmarish story.

But someone had.

There is such a gentle smile on her face when she spots Tamlin among the green and mist from one of the many hot springs throughout Tephra. She knows his shape immediately, knows the exact shade of his beautiful grey skin, and where chestnut bleeds through across his shoulder - could trace it blind with the soft of velvet lips. She knows the curve of his wings, too, and the faint way those blue flowers smell in his hair. She knows without needing to see them through the thick grass that his hooves are like hers, bright and opal and awash in the softest shades of blue dawn. He is the best parts of both of his parents. 

She greets him with such unguarded love despite the ever-present worries she keeps tucked away in her heart that she does not love them well enough. That she has been too absent, that she does not know them as well as a better mother might. “Tamlin.” She says, soft sea green eyes and ocean whisper, her nose buried gently in the sandy orange of his hair. And how, how is it possible that this beautiful boy with his beautiful heart might’ve come from someone like her. “Where are your wolves today, love?” 

i am brambles but i am tangled in your love

@[Tamlin]

Messages In This Thread
    i am brambles but i am tangled in your love; tamlin - by wonder - 04-26-2020, 07:31 PM