• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  save me from the nothing I've become - carnage

lord, I fashion dark gods too;

Is missing her the right word?
    His emotions are strange things, refined and redefined over centuries until they are no longer recognizable, no longer things able to be fit in categories. If they ever were. He has known so much, a multitude of pleasures and pains. The former, mostly, but there have been stumbles along the way, his own multitude of deaths - some planned, some not.
    He knows that her presence causes something inside him, a spark. Desire, yes, but desire is common, for him. Something deeper, carved in his veins, for he keeps making these pilgrimages to her.
    “I did miss you,” he says. Not quite arguing her point, but affirming that there is affection there, although his manifestation of affection is a strange thing indeed.

“You’re so dedicated, Ryatah,” he says, unprompted. It is praise, but it’s a bit of a test, too. A primer. What would you do?
    He enjoys the warmth of her touch, though. Enjoys her pale skin beneath his muzzle, the faint hint of her pulse, her speeding heart. There is still room in this god to enjoy such banal things, even if for a moment.
    But a moment is all it is, and then he withdraws, fixes her with his gaze. In the distance, something rustles, shifts – his charge, impatient. He quiets it, does not want it to make itself known. Not quite yet. She must be primed. Readied.
    “Is there anything you wouldn’t do for me?”
    He is curious to know her answer. Is more curious still to discover the actual truth of her answer.

c a r n a g e

Messages In This Thread
    RE: save me from the nothing I've become - carnage - by Carnage - 06-07-2020, 03:12 PM