• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    open | i want the mountains to crumble

appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

The colt is the most talkative of the bunch and so her focus falls on him. She is not here for social hour and in this moment, she doubts anyone else is either. Certainly they cannot be offended by this fact. Well, they can, but she doesn’t actually care if they are because it would be ridiculous. The world has just been flipped upside down and so now is not the time for making friends.

With her focus largely on Bolder, she finds that she does not miss his looks which linger too long on both mares. Why she cannot tell, for sadly his thoughts give her very little except that he is familiar with Eliana and that…he seems to be concerned that Lillibet is familiar with him. Rezza could tell him that Lillibet’s thoughts are far from Bolder, but she doesn’t, because her skill is far more useful when no one knows that she has it.

Bolder is the one to answer, mentioning a Dark God to which she cocks her head slightly. What he doesn’t mention is his own involvement, which suddenly makes him far more interesting to Rezza, though she doesn’t show it. ”Dark God?” she asks, the question apparent enough. The rest of the story doesn’t come from Bolder, though by now she can piece it together even without her mind reading. Her eyes glance to Lillibet who had mentioned golden trees falling into the sea, making it clear that the story has basically told itself. ”And then some of your land fell into the sea?” she asks, her voice soft and empathetic. Her home may have moved, but at least it was intact.

”What they are Ruins of is the wrong question,” she says to Bolder, her strange (to them, she imagines) eyes turning back to him. “The real question is what they are ruins from. We call it the Great War for it has plagued Baltia for centuries upon centuries. Far longer than I have been alive, so I do not even know its beginning. An enemy we have never managed to escape and a war without end. Though perhaps with us now here, there will be peace.” After all, she has seen no sign of their enemies. Surely if they were plunged into this world as well they would have shown themselves already. She is almost afraid to hope that such a thing might be possible.

REZZA

Photo by Alice Alinari

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open | i want the mountains to crumble - by Rezza - 01-31-2022, 10:21 AM