• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  open up your heart like the gates of hell
    She glances over her winged shoulder at Claudius, compelled by curiosity and still marveling at the unexplored wilderness of the chestnut sabino. The sun continued to partly hide behind the clouds overhead, but nothing about the Tephran seemed muted to the young pegasus standing in the shallows of the beach. Between his proud wings, the flowers that adorn his mane and tail, the horn that glints so impressively in this light, Areane (either from inexperience or just her bold nature) doesn’t know where to let her amethyst eyes rest.

But she catches his periwinkle gaze and that decides it for her.

The slender mare smiles up at him, completely unaware of his pride and guarded nature.

"We hope to move there soon, officially.” Areane tells him, speaking of Tarian and his proud nature as if this was a conversation they had before, as if Claudius was an old confidant. He knows nothing of her parents, or how the only home she has ever known is lost beneath the gray sea they are both wading in. The latter seems like a bleaker subject and while Areane knows she can often say too much, she knows enough (and is enjoying her current company enough) that she decides against mentioning it.

Atleast for now.

"Th-thank you,” she says at Claudius’ mention that she must look like her mother. Areane had always hoped that she resembled Altissima, even if she hadn’t inherited her mother’s gifts or lovely pale coat. His compliment brings an unexpected rush of heat to her onyx face and the young mare who has often said too much finally finds herself at a loss of what to say next.

Claudius breaks the silence and Areane tilts her head in his direction to better hear him over the whipping wind. A dark ear flicks towards him and when he speaks of exploring, Altissima’s daughter gives her companion a beaming smile. While Tarian would have done his part to instill Court manners and etiquette, Altissima’s blood also flows in her veins.

Areane loves to wander almost as much as she wishes for a cause to pledge herself to.

"I wanted to see this place for myself,” she reveals, "I want an adventure and this seemed like a good place to start.” The young pegasus states, drawing up her blue-sheened wings against her slim sides and above the waves that pass by. "What other places have you explored?" Areane calls out, still smiling despite the chill of the ocean water that sends an an involuntary shiver down her spine.

"Perhaps you might help me decide where the Winds will take me next."

@claudius

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open up your heart like the gates of hell - by Areane - 03-12-2022, 07:53 PM