• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  everything that hurt taught me how to grow

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

His lips lift into a smirk at her observation. She seems momentarily nonplussed by her realization, but rather than say anything about it, Reave merely dips his head in acknowledgement. Having taken on leadership of Nerine at such a tender age, he hardly even notices the weight of it anymore. It has simply become another part of him. Indeed, it has grown so familiar that he rarely even bothers mentioning it unless asked.

Her next question draws a laugh from him, genuine amusement glinting in his eyes. “Only if you find yourself so compelled,” he responds wryly, the corners of his mouth twitching. “I promise I won’t hold it against you.”

Reave shifts restlessly then, Rune swaying with his movement. The large raptor lets loose an indignant grumble, wings lifting as he steadies his balance. He grins at Aubergine’s assumption. His gaze shifts over her in quiet consideration, head tilting slightly. “If you were reading my mind, you might not take that bet.” He shakes his head then, grin slipping as he turns to gaze at the scattered ruins. “It’s never quiet, even here.”

That admission is the closest Reave has ever come to sharing the chaos that lives inside him. The constant barrage of past, present, and future is a difficult thing to contain. It’s a wonder he hasn’t gone mad yet. Or perhaps he has and he simply failed to realize it.

His eyes slip back to her when she denies noticing the echoes. His lips lift slightly before the contemplative expression returns to his shrouded features. “Nothing good,” he replies easily, his light tone a contradiction of the words he speaks. “If I believed in ghosts, I would say this place is haunted.”

reave

@Aubergine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything that hurt taught me how to grow - by Reave - 05-16-2022, 09:35 AM