• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend
    cause i’m so dope and you’re a fiend

Time changes everything. Years can fly by and those around you become the most important thing in your life, or become fleeting memories, only there when you least expect them. Hours can feel like minutes in the presence of good company. Or even bad company, depending on how you spin it. Hackjob knew this fact all too well. Once upon a time he was deeply in love, his whole world revolving around her. Her every need met, she wanted for nothing. And in the blink of an eye, she was gone. His entire world shattered in the time it took him to scream in agony. The wires of his brain never let him forget, it was his fault. It would always be his fault.

So he was familiar with how quickly tides could change, but he was not prepared for this. Their noses met, ever so briefly, gently. A deep inhale filled his lungs, savoring the flesh on flesh contact he had been craving far more than the stallion allowed himself to believe. Before his mind could process, the mare was hastily retreating. Ears pinned tightly down, his breathing became more ragged, struggling to fill his lungs. Limbs that previously were tingling with excitement now buzzed with his innate fight instinct.

With her teeth flying towards him, Hackjob himself stumbled back, stunned by the sudden turn of events. Although she missed his flesh, he found himself wondering if it was intentional. Afterall, she had been a soldier. The appendage that had been so admired before was now inclined directly towards him. Hackjob did not fear death, nor pain. However, he feared whatever he had done to cause their encounter to take such a turn. Instead of backing up any further, he simply pulled his head back, his own ears snaking back and the shimmer in his eyes turning into a clouded confusion.

She’s put herself between a rock and a hard place, quite literally. Vocal chords fight to muster up an apology, which he ignores. Why would she owe him an apology anyway? Perhaps he misread the situation, allowing himself to enjoy the things he no longer deserved. Pressed firmly against the stone behind her, he found himself softening. Flattened ears slowly leaned forward, and his eyes opened a bit. He dared not move towards her, but he dropped his head and shook it slightly. ”No need to apologize…” He mused, not entirely sure what else to say. Another long, deep inhale was meant to calm his shaking legs. Every ounce of his concentration was dedicated to remaining still, and appearing unphased.

”Must you taunt me so?”, her words were nearly undetectable. Everything in his body told him to slink away. Clearly, Famkee was unpredictable, not to mention lethal. But her whispers tugged at something deep inside of him, a buried longing to provide and protect. Against his better judgment, he allowed the right side of his lip to curl up and raised his brows in her direction. ”I’ll ease up on the ‘taunting’, if you attempt to keep that,” Another amazed, yet terrified glance at her horn, ”Out of my throat.” He paused momentarily, desperate to save the situation. He was once again reminded of his lack of people skills and reading the room. But his hooves remained tethered. If she wanted to leave, that was up to her, but he no longer wanted to feel the guilt of walking away. ”Unless I deserve it.” Another brief, but uncertain smile flickered upon his lips. 

@Famkee

Messages In This Thread
    cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-15-2022, 05:21 PM
    RE: cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-30-2022, 08:48 AM