• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am brambles but i am tangled in your love; tamlin

Luckily, there wasn’t much going on in Tamlin’s head for his mom to interrupt. If there were thoughts, they were slippery and slide out of his grasp as soon as he spots his fierce, but sweet, looking mom. A vibrant grin breaks out in his eyes and he bumps his muzzle against her affectionately in greeting - his voice always dancing the line of laughter. “Hi mom.”

He loves that she asks about his wolves, even though he suspects that the fact that his best friends are wolves makes her at least a little worried. “Sleeping I think, there’s going to be new pups soon so I’m giving them some space. Lockie and Thorn the Third are the parents I think.” He can’t get through saying the names without a bright grin and a hearty chuckle. Without the ability to actually communicate with the wolves, Tamlin had given them all names that he made up - and it had been a great source of amusement when Lockie (named after his father) turned out to be a girl and mated to the one named after his brother (after the tragic outcasting of Thorn the Second).

Regardless of the tangled web the names weaved, the prospect of the wolf pack he had befriended growing by a few more members was very exciting.

Quick as he can, he reaches to tug affectionately on his mom’s mane. “I wonder if they’ll be as fun as we were as puppies.” Although Tamlin doesn’t remember the day of their birth, he loved the story of how he and his brother had been pups and his sisters had been foals. It was a source of disappointment that he had not been able to shift back into a wolf since that day, but he supposed befriending the local wolves was good too.

t a m l i n

artwork by space1993

@[wonder]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i am brambles but i am tangled in your love; tamlin - by Tamlin - 05-03-2020, 10:59 AM