• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Catch my heart on a string [Reave]

one lives in hope of becoming a memory

As I drew closer to the strange figure, I started to glean the very subtle changes that come from others’ emotional memories. The other foal seemed slightly…disturbed. That was the best way I could think of it. With that feeling comes a picture of the wide open world outside of Taiga where the dim light made it easier to see. Why this disturbed him, I don’t quite understand.

As quickly as the echo had come, it was gone again, pulled away by his distracted thoughts upon hearing someone moving toward him. I am not surprised. This was often the case when I was prying in on other’s emotions, and I’d grown quite used to it. So I shrug it off as I move closer to where I could see him in the shadows. It is darker here among the redwoods, so actually being able to see him is difficult until I’m closer.

The colt confirms that he is indeed the son of my grandmother. I give him a smile that I’m not sure he could see (since I don’t know about his vision manipulation). Even still, it is a comfort to me to welcome him so. He knows me, too. This is not a surprise. Taiga was big, but their family was close. Word traveled quickly around here. No doubt Lilliana has taught him much about those that live within these woods.

I was just about to tell him that it’s good to finally meet him, not knowing what else to say, when he suddenly blurts out a question. The question strikes me as odd, and I have to look down at myself to make sure there wasn’t something wrong with me. “What–” I begin, just about to ask him what he means, but then I realize that maybe he is talking about my glowing markings. After all, this is quite new to me. “Oh, do you mean these?” I pick up my hooves in a little dance, turning a tight circle, showing off the glowing markings. “I met the most unusual creature who–” I falter, not knowing how to explain what Grodylin had done. “Well, he gave me these glowing markings.”

memorie

Photo by Saffu from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-15-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM