• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Catch my heart on a string [Reave]

It only occurs to Reave belatedly that he did not, in fact, need to ask what the creature she had encountered looked like. He could see it for himself. To the young colt, it feels very much like an egregious oversight on his part. As she launches into her story however, he discovers she shares things that could not otherwise be found through his other sight-thieving means (though that doesn’t stop him from actually looking when she takes a breath for more words of course).

The creature she describes is strange indeed, made even stranger by what she had actually seen. Her excitement hovers around her, a veritable aura of memories ringing with her thrill, trepidation, and awe.

“He breathed on you,” he muses, eyes curiously watchful as he mulls over what she had just shared. “That sounds awfully… damp.” He wrinkles his nose at that, not sure he wished to imagine what the damp breath of a creature like that smelled like. Naturally though, he can’t seem to help himself. “Was it smelly?”

He is a far less eloquent creature than his cousin, as he has already amply demonstrated. But as she waxes poetic about the growth of plants and changes heralding a new and useful glow, the best Reave can seem to manage in the way of insightful conversation is ‘was it smelly’. Not that he notices these things, young and ultimately self-absorbed as he is.

“He seems like a useful sort,” he replies candidly after Memorie has done a second little dance. “Do you think he’d come breath of some of the trees around here? We could use some glowing trees I think.”

reave

@[Memorie]

Messages In This Thread
    Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM