• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Catch my heart on a string [Reave]

one lives in hope of becoming a memory

Just as it hadn’t occurred to Reave to utilize his vision manipulation to see the image within my mind, it hadn’t occurred to me to send a visual echo to him, either, though it certainly would have made things easier than telling him. Still, the excitement of being able to recount the experience with someone felt good, nonetheless, so even if, in hindsight, I had thought about sending him an echo of the encounter, I am glad to be able to tell him.

I laugh when the colt reiterates back to me that Grodylin had breathed on me, and I am slightly caught off guard by his next question. Had it been damp? I play through the events in my memory, quickly so as to not make him wait for an answer. I laugh first, though, and then I say, “yes, actually. Now that I think of it, it was very…damp.” Now that I actually thought about it, I can feel the warm, damp breath on my skin. It sends a creeping sensation through my body, and I shake myself to get it off before laughing again.

Was it smelly? His next question takes me off guard just as much as the first. “No,” I reminisce, “Actually, it was quite…pleasant, now that I think about it.” I try to think about what the smell was like. I had not thought about it previously, but now that Reave had mentioned it, I realize that it had reminded me of something, and now I can’t quite place my finger on it. My eyes roll back into my head as I try to think about it. Then, as if something just clicked into place, it comes to me. “Oh! It smelled like papa!”

Somehow, this seemed kind of weird, now that I thought about it, but at the same time, it made sense. The gift that had lain dormant within my genes was a gift I had received from him, after all, despite the difference in color.

I laugh again when Reave asks if I think that Grodylin could come breathe on some of the trees. Somehow, I doubt this would work, though I had heard mother and father quietly discussing the possibility of bringing giant, glowing mushrooms to the redwood forest. “I don’t know about trees, but pretty soon we might see some big, glowing mushrooms.” I wink at him, though I’m unsure he would see it in the darkness (mostly because I don’t know he can manipulate his vision to see in these shadows). “But, if you’d like, maybe sometime we could go on an adventure to find Grodylin again?” @[Reave] seemed interested enough in the molflyn, and I am already ready for my next adventure to begin, even though the first had just ended, and I was still feeling the residual aches and pains that came along with it.

memorie

Photo by Saffu from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 02-27-2021, 07:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM