• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Catch my heart on a string [Reave]

To Memorie’s credit, she makes no comment on the absurdity of his own musings. There were many other things he might ask, the majority far more inspired than damp and smelly. But, most certainly not to Reave’s credit, he finds this information much more fascinating than any of the other dozen things he might have asked. Even if it does make him wrinkle his nose.

In fact, her description causes so much nose wrinkling, one could be forgiven for imagining it could become a permanent feature on his face. But as she tries to recall why it had smelled so familiar, Reave tilts his head, eyeing her with open curiosity. When she suddenly remembers and informs him - quite excitedly - that it had smelled like her papa, Reave can’t seem to temper the incredulous expression that crosses his features just before a laugh bursts abruptly from his lips.

He’s not quite certain whether it’s funnier that her father smells like a giant, shaggy, turtle-backed creature or that his imagination immediately wants to place Yanhua into the role disguised as Grodylin. “Are you sure it wasn’t your dad?” he asks breathlessly, still trying to contain his laughter. “Maybe he has a penchant for moonlighting as big hairy beasts.”

Unable to help himself, Reave starts laughing all over again, nearly doubling over as he tries to contain it. He entirely misses her wink in his mirth, but her suggestion that they might soon have big glowing mushrooms does catch his attention. His laughter is immediately stifled as he straightens, ears pricking in abrupt curiosity. “Really?”

The thought of glowing mushrooms soon dotting these woods proves quite imagination catching. Enough that he nearly forgets his amusement from only moments earlier. At least, until Memorie suggests they depart on an adventure to find Grodylin. The prospect sounds wildly intriguing, but Reave can’t seem to help the teasing rejoinder that almost immediately escapes his lips. “Oh, you mean your dad?”

His lips twitch in his effort to hold in his suddenly renewed laughter, but Reave, never terribly good at holding himself back, soon finds himself wheezing once more.

reave

@[Memorie]

Messages In This Thread
    Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM