• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Catch my heart on a string [Reave]

Reave is not quite silly enough to actually believe what he is saying of course. But given the opportunity, he hadn’t been able to resist teasing her about it. He’s delighted when she shifts from exasperation to genuine amusement, even if she too can’t seem to resist the urge to try and set him straight. Her explanation is a perfectly logical one, but at the moment, Reave is hardly interested in logic. It is far more imagination catching to picture his elder brother as a shaggy hunchback, not to mention hilarious. The alternative just seems rather… boring after that.

And if there is a boy his age would try to avoid with all his might, it’s boredom.

So he shakes his head in response to her explanation, still chortling. “But are you absolutely sure?” he asks, prodding her towards his (admittedly outlandish) theory. “Technically, maybe your father likes wearing turtle shells.”

He bursts into laughter again, which is only expounded when she finally gives in and begins musing on his theory with a genuine laugh of her own.

As is the way of youth however, they find themselves quickly moving on to a new subject, albeit a slightly less amusing (if no less fascinating) one. Jokes about her father aside, the prospect of new flora sprouting up amidst the giant sequoias and hardy evergreens is intriguing. She confirms news of the glowing mushrooms, causing Reave to twist his head around to peer at their surroundings, trying to imagine how that might look.

Memorie’s foray into a teasing question of her own brings his attention swiftly back to her, a grin quickly returning to his lips, fighting against the moue that wants to take its placel (leading to what is an undoubtedly odd expression). “Ladies first!” he quips quickly back, eyes crinkling in amusement, lips twitching, as he turns that challenge right back at her. “What kind of gentleman would I be otherwise?”

reave

@[Memorie]

Messages In This Thread
    Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Memorie - 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 02-18-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-08-2021, 11:44 AM
    RE: Catch my heart on a string [Reave] - by Reave - 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM