• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    open | i want the mountains to crumble
    Bolder had returned to Hyaline, and himself, some time ago. He can't remember exactly how he had gotten from the Mountain back to his home, but for the time being, the young pegasus wasn't eager to ask too many questions or think over much about what had transpired on the quest he had taken. Mazikeen had lost her shifting, Malik had been asked to bring things to the Faeries; when Bolder had finally made his journey up the perilous peak, it hadn't been the Fae or even the Mountain that had beckoned him.

It had been Carnage, the Dark God.

His mind wanders too often around that, and twists into troubling thoughts, so the striped stallion would rather not think about it all for the time-being.

He had been told about the earthquakes, though like he found himself back in Hyaline, he didn't remember them. He had no recollection about the groundshaking, except a few hazy memories of trying to dig through the dark. Of his paws clawing down and down, trying to find the Magic that supposedly channeled through the dirt, rubble, and stone. (And there is where his thoughts turn dark as well. Had that been their fault? Had sinking an entire kingdom been part of Carnage's plan?) 

Shaking his moon-marked face, the winged horse coasted over the trees of the Forest. He veered towards the South, following a favorable wind and curious to see if what the recent rumors claimed were true. Loess was supposedly gone, along with the Pampas and Sylva, swallowed by the sea. But its not the scent of the newly-born ocean that nearly smacks him across the face, though, that causes him to drift away from that route. There are shapes illuminated by the full moon, odd specters in the distance (that, in their own way, remind him of the petrified forest in Taiga). It's a short soar from the River and when Bolder lands, he walks very slowly through the odd rock formations. 

There is a glimmer - the faint outline of another horse - and Bolder responds with his own glow first. His gold stripes begin to shine as does his crescent blaze; a kind of greeting in his own way, not wanting to startle the other explorer. Another approaches and the shapeshifter moves catches the end of her words. It's only when he draws closer that he notices that she is strange in a way that he has never seen before. Her dark eyes intrigue him for a moment, before he glances towards the young mare, wondering if she recognized the name. "Baltia?" Bolder asks (while giving a quick nod in acknowledgement of Rezza's name), "Forgive me for interrupting, I just -," he looks out towards the shadowy space surrounding them, "I've never seen this before." 

"I'm Bolder," he quickly tacks on (remembering some semblance of manners), and turns his attention back on the pair, "Of Hyaline."
    [Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open | i want the mountains to crumble - by bolder - 12-07-2021, 03:47 PM