• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    open | i want the mountains to crumble

Lillibet

Lillibet's gaze collides with a faint shimmering in the distance when finally her gaze returns to earth. For all the time she'd stared at the stars above, they hadn't given her an answer. They hadn't told her how to solve any of this, nor had they offered guidance in search of her family. Not that she had expected them to - but it does leave her wondering if the star-wielder from the river could whisper her secrets to them before shooing their light back into the sky.

The young woman almost mistakes the approaching purple shimmer for that exact star-wielder, if only for a moment. When her own glow and the moon above add to the lumocity of the delicately purple woman, Lillibet knows she has never walked the expanse of Beqanna before. There is something odd about her movements. Something ancient.

And beneath the gaze of the woman's strange obsidian eyes, the ethereal girl feels discomfort. Baltia. So distracted by the name, by the concrete proof that there lies an underwater kingdom in place of where her home had been, Lillibet hardly realizes they've been joined by another until he speaks. She turns to look at him, trying her hardest to keep her face indifferent though the clenching of her jaw betrays her, as she flicks an ear in his direction.

For just a moment, her amber eyes linger on the glow of his moon.

Bolder.

“Lillibet,” she tells them both, “of Sylva.” Sylva, which no longer exists. At least not above the surface of the water. She wonders as she turns back to the Baltian woman, “Did our golden trees fall into your sea?” Did remnants of her home exist beneath the sea, destined to become silt? Or had the dark god shattered the south into innumerable molecules during the earthquake, only to whisk them away on a breeze.

A softer voice joins them and it, too, is attached to a gentle glow. Innocent comraderie seeps from the chocolate palomino woman and, despite Lillibet's best hopes, her grasp on her own indignance loosens and she takes a moment to breathe. “No,” she finally finds her words as she shakes her ivory head at the woman, “and I thought I had explored the whole of Beqanna.”

When her attention returns to Rezza, her gaze is less biting. “How did you get here?”

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open | i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 12-09-2021, 07:15 PM